tulips & tigerlillies

Start from the beginning

"Ooh, tea!"

"Hot!" he chuckled.

"You wanna give them some options while they presumably have angry sex up there?"

"You know them so well. And of course," he grabbed the flower book and scooted close to her. "How's your aunt, by the way?"

"I'm texting her now. She's fine, it was just scary. Anything to do with her chemo is scary."

"You still going up there?"

"Maybe later when she's calmer. I just want her to feel a little better before we both stress, you know? Cause I'll ask a million questions."

He smiled. "Yeah."

"Shush," she rolled her eyes.

"You wanna go on another date this Friday?" he asked out of the blue.

"Of course I do." Sanai grinned.

"I wanna take you to that new fancy sushi place downtown."

"Oooooh," she cooed, "please?" they both had a love for sushi and Bobby was glad because his other friends refused to even try it.

"Of course," Bobby licked his lip while Sanai leaned on his shoulder, "You okay?"

"Yes." she mumbled.

"You can talk to me, San."

"I know. I'm actually okay, though."

"Alrighty," he felt her kiss his bottom lip and smiled, "how long you think they finna take?"

"I'd say a good fifteen minutes. Angry sex is kinda...fast-paced."

He raised his brows in surprise. "Oh word?"

"Word," she giggled, "Bobby, shut up!"

"Nah, man, what was you talking ab—"

"Ay, y'all can leave!" they heard William yell from upstairs.

"We know, negro," Bobby pursed his lips and set the book down, "ready?"

"Duh."

"I didn't mean it when I said I didn't love you so. I shoulda held on tight, I never shoulda let you go..."

Sanai, Bobby's favorite person, was crawling on his bedroom floor, a tampon—although she wasn't on her cycle and for some reason it was in his dresser drawer—in her hand, supposedly a microphone, as she sang Mariah Carey's We Belong Together in the most dramatic yet graceful manner. She wore just her bra and a pair of green dolphin shorts and her hair was once again free of her braids and in a large puff all around her head.

"...'Cause I didn't know you, 'cause I didn't know me, but I thought I knew everything. I NEVER—"

"Nigga, chill!" Bobby laughed, leaving the bathroom and taking his small chain off to set it on the dresser.

"Don't kill my vibe, Robby," she whined while he stepped over her to get in the bed, "Robert!"

"What, negro?" he smacked his lips and lied on his back, his arms behind his head.

"Nothing," she got in the bed also, crawling to straddle his lap and plant her hands on his chest. Bobby just hummed, licking his lip as his hands rested on her hips. "I have some news."

"What news?"

"I'm doing a two week mini tour in Europe next month and I want you to come."

"Congrats, babe," he grinned at the news and the fact that she wanted him there. He'd never heard her live but he honestly fucked with her music heavily. "Just let me know the dates."

"Aw yay!" Sanai cheered, "thanks, baby," and she seemed so happy to have him accept her offer, but it shouldn't have been a surprise because Bobby would do almost anything for her.

"No problem," Bobby stared at her for a little before kissing her lips, his arms hugging her shoulders.

"You're so fucking warm, my nigga," she sighed into his embrace.

"I burned all of Moriah's stuff."

"You what?" she sat up just to make sure she heard him right. Bobby was staring at her bellybutton because eye contact was a little wild right now.

"I did."

"Bobby—" Sanai held his face in her hands and made him look at her, "babe, why?"

"Because I realized that you deserve so much more and I'd be able to give it to you if I let the past go," he furrowed his brows while he spoke, "I shouldn't be comparing and thinking on some 'what if' shit, because I really like you."

"Aw, Bobby," she smiled, you're the best."

"And like..." he held her hands to his cheeks, "I don't know, I just have baggage and I don't want to scare you."

"I'm pretty sure it's not scary," she scoffed, "it's scary for you because you're afraid of how I'll react. I know."

"Smort."

"Noice," she giggled, "I'm sure your baggage isn't crazy. Tell me something."

"Nah," he shook his head, smiling at the ceiling, "you good."

"No, you wanna give me more, don't you? Let me know something."

Bobby sat up on his elbows, looking at Sanai for a few more seconds, thinking about what he was going to confess. He sighed, lying back down while she stayed confused on top of him.

"Well—"

"I'm bisexual."

heyyyyyyyyyyyyy

and if you don't know how to read Sanai's faceclaim is IAMDDB and her music and stuff is so litty TITTY I just changed her name for the story

GO LISTEN

also, HONEY is maybe a few weeks to a month behind WIFEABLE. so this chapter is before Jelisa and William went back to Maryland for a bit