pink drinks & passion tangos

"I'm just saying, with an account like yours you have no business doing business with big companies," Bobby held the phone to his ear as he walked down the street.

"But, sir--"

"Especially not a company like that. They're ruthless."

"Who do you suggest?"

"Uh, off the top of my head," he looked around for the Starbucks that was nearby and spotted it across the street. He looked both ways before crossing and entering the establishment, "Upton Paper Supplies." Contact them and get back to me."

"S--

Bobby hung up, walking in line and standing, his fingers tapping away on his phone, texting one of his coworkers to see if he wanted anything.

"Bobby?"

He turned around slowly, knowing it was Sanai but still kinda shocked it was actually her. "Sanai. Hey."

"Hey," she did a little wave and smiled. She wore a simple button up tucked into black trousers and a brown belt around her waist. Her braids were piled back into a neat bun, and she wore a very cute as hell brown lipstick, making her lips look more plump than they were. "It's weird," she continued, tilting her head and furrowing her brows, "I read this thing on the internet about how as soon as you see someone, you're more conscious of them being around you."

"The internet doesn't lie, does it?" he half smiled, taking a small step forward when the line moved just a little.

"I guess not," Sanai agreed with a small smile, "are you on a lunch break or something?"

Bobby nodded. "Yeah, I'm still not used to not living in DC. I just walked the street and I felt so weird about it."

"It's too rural for you to do that, Bobby," she laughed, "drive, man."

"I gotta remember that," it was a cute little silence for a while before he added, "you're on break too?"

"Yeah, I'm sitting over there," she pointed to a small table near the window, "I'm about to order my third pink drink."

"Ah."

"...Do you wanna sit with me?" she asked slowly.

"I'm not going to be in your way, am I?"

"No, I don't care. Ain't got shit to do anyway," she shrugged, "you want to?"

"Yeah, sure," Bobby was freaking the fuck out but kept it cool, "what's a pink drink?"

"Secret drink that everyone knows about," Sanai rolled her eyes and it was so adorable, "it's good."

"Want me to order it for you?"

"You don't have to do that, Bobby," she replied with a slight grimace.

"I mean, I'm next, Sanai, might as well."

She stared at him for two seconds before nodding. "Okay. If you can afford it."

"Damn how much is it?"

"Like four bucks."

"You got jokes, huh?" he squinted at her while she laughed, "aggravating," he turned to the barista ad looked at the menu, "I forgot what I wanted, Sanai. You order."

"May I get...a grande strawberry acai refresher with coconut milk instead of water?" she started, then looked at Bobby, "and he'll have a grande passion tango tea lemonade."

"Huh?" Bobby looked at her questioningly.

"It's good, trust me," she told him.