date night & art galleries

"May I say something real quick?"

Sanai blinked, putting a hand under her chin and smiling at Bobby, who was sitting across from her at the table. "Yes?"

He cleared his throat, licking his lip before saying anything. "You look fine as hell tonight."

She blushed. "Thank you, Bobby."

Because she did, okay? Sanai was...absolutely stunning. Her face? Beat! Her waist? Snatched as always. Edges? Laid. The dark lipstick on her lips was his weakness and the way her dark green dress fit very snug over her body was to die for. Never mind that all her hair was slicked back in a big puff in the back, and the small gold necklaces at the base of her collarbones were twinkling in the light of the restaurant.

"You look quite handsome yourself," she complimented, "I love a good turtleneck on my men. So..." she picked at her chicken breast with a fork, the food was delicious, but they ended up focusing on each other more.

"What's up?"

"I dunno," Sanai puffed out a breath and smiled at him, "I'm bad at conversation."

"You? I'm pretty sure I'd be looking dumb if it wasn't for you talking to me now. I never know what to say around you, and that's not a common thing. I always talk."

"I can tell you want to," she replied earnestly, "are you afraid you might say something crazy and turn me away?"

"Sort of, but I'm just—"

"You don't have to be. I mean, unless you say something crazy that's like, I don't know, 'I voted for the orange guy' we have no issue."

"Yeah I'm not that stupid, babe," he chuckled and sat up a bit, "take my hand."

She gasped. "I'll take a breath--"

"Stop it," Bobby rolled his eyes. Her hand fit in his perfectly, so small and warm. "I talked to William the other night and decided that I should give you more of what you deserve."

"What do you mean?" Sanai tilted her head.

"I mean, that, you shouldn't be treated like you're replacing something in my life. Let's face it, I talk about Moriah sometimes and I know it gets on your nerves no matter how many times you say it doesn't. Shit, even I have started getting annoyed at how I talk about her. I feel like you deserve better than that, Sanai."

She pouted. "Aw. Robert. You're thinking about me?"

"I'm always thinking about you, baby," he licked his lip and smiled, "always."

"That's reassuring," she smiled, "thank you."

"Yeah. I actually wanted to take you somewhere else tonight."

"Ooh, where?"

"Are you ready to go?"

"Mhm." She nodded.

"Aight."

"Oh, it's so gorgeous!" Sanai grinned from ear to ear, holding Bobby's hand tightly as they entered the art gallery. A few up and coming artists were presenting their pieces and collections to the general public, in hopes that they'd sell some artwork and get more coverage.

Bobby walked alongside her, taking in the calm atmosphere. He liked shit like this, it was peaceful, no stress, just marveling at other people's perspectives on life and...he really liked it. His appreciation for all forms of art had grown since meeting Sanai, and he was kinda grateful for it.