chapter six

Boo-boossss

I dedicate this chapter to one of TARs biggest fans Priscilla Sarpong ❤❤ love you lots
Dwayne's POV

I was coming from the library, extremely pissed off because that scrawny looking assistant librarian tried to flirt with me. 'He' probably thinks I'm gay because it's all around town that I am not into girls. I'm not gay. I'm so straight but I don't exactly like to flirt,date or have flings. It's just not my thing. I was so pissed off, I didn't even return the thousand dollar smile the head librarian usually flashed me. She was dazed but I ignored. I was just not in the mood.

I accidentally bumped to someone and scattered the books I borrowed from the library.

"oh my God, I'm so sorry " she exclaimed, without looking up. I quickly recognized the voice. 'smiling jackal' .

I watched as she quickly left after helping me pack up. She didn't even notice it was me, and wait.. was it just me or she was actually crying. I think I noticed her eyes were bloodshot and she sniffed. I thought the million dollar smiling jackal never cried. Well not that I really cared.

I wanted to even take our meeting here as an opportunity to remind her that our assignment was due tomorrow and that she'll be presenting,because I'm not very good at it and I won't tolerate those silly ass students gawking aimlessly at me while I'm presenting our assignment. But I guess I'll see her tomorrow .

But I still couldn't help but wonder why she was crying. I saw her earlier today in school, talking to one of those manwhore jocks on the schools basket ball team , the captain ,I guess. The almighty 'Travis'.

I mentally face-palmed for calling him what those bat - shit crazy students call him. Almighty? Ptsss! .i huffed and shook my head.

I walked to my apartment and took a shower. Taking a shower helped me always cool my temper. I wasn't exactly quick tempered but when I get angry, I took it to a whole new level. I stood under the water for an extra twenty minutes and air dried my hair. It didn't take long air drying my hair .

With my white towel wrapped around waist, I stood with my back facing the mirror, my head turned to look at the image of my tattoo written across my back.

'Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich and a tragedy for the poor', we're the wise words of Sholom Aleichem I had the tattooist write across my back boldly . I had other words of encouragement scattered around the larger writing.

After dressing up, I went to the kitchen to prepare lasagna. I ate on the island of my kitchen and went to my room to continue writing my book.

After about an hour or so I heard my phone go off. I checked the caller ID and realized it was my mum who was calling.

"Hello mum". I said

"Dwayne. " she said, her voice sounded distant and strained ,she seemed disturbed or more like she had cried?

" mum how are you doing ?"

" I'm good son ,how are you? "

"I'm good too, how's Kyle? "

She was silent for a while and I spoke again

"mum? What's wrong, you seem lost? "

" Dwayne, Kyle's sick. He's been throwing up since yesterday, shortly after you left. I'm be taking him to the hospital right now."

" alright mum, don't worry. Everything is going to be fine, it's probably a slight fever or food poisoning or something. I'll come home on Friday, after school".i replied

" Yes,lets hope. I'll talk to you later. I love you son".she said and I smiled.

"I love you too mum". My mum was the only person I ever openly said I loved. Of course I love Kyle and my dead sister and of course Terry, my brother. I know he hates and blames me for his current state. He always said mum preferred me to him,that's why she never stood up for him in court. I too, do not know why mum did what she did but well. But I knew mum loved us both,equally.

Mum worked so hard to take care of us when dad died, until she married that sorry excuse of a man - my 'ex' step-dad.

I went back to my writing for about two more hours and decided to play video games. My lifestyle was an iterative one. 'wake up in the morning, school, library, home, do my assignment, continue writing, eat, sleep' , wake up the next morning and repeat the same old shit. Sad innit? I knew deep down that I was a loner but as usual, I didn't care.

........

' He was coming home,drunk again. I knew I had to hide or he'd beat the living daylights out of me. I hid under the bed. He was yelling my name over and over again. I knew he'd find me sooner or later but I had to hide. I heard him yell my name from the living room. I took this as my cue to take a knife from the kitchen.
After I successfully took the small knife he appeared in the door way and rushed towards my direction. He kept hitting and hitting me. I was so angry, and in pain I held the knife in front of me. He didn't notice the knife and he came on me, attacking me roughly. The knife went straight through his belly. ...... .. .i killed him..! No!!'

......

I suddenly woke up ,drenched in sweat. I was panting heavily. It was another episode of my nightmares. Ever since that day, I barely sleep well. I always have nightmares of him, of that day.

It was six thirty in the morning. My photography class starts at 8. I had the notes, along with hard and soft copies of the pictures we took for our group assignment .

I took off my pjs and entered the bathhouse. I did my usual business and came out . After dressing up, I decided to prepare pancakes instead of going for my usual expresso and muffins. I just wasn't in my element, I needed pancakes.

......

It was past eight thirty and Lizbeth was still not in class. Maybe she was running a bit late. But we had two groups to go before our turn to present. I really didn't want to do this. Could her absence be related to the state she was in yesterday?

It was our turn and she still wasn't around.

" okay Mr. Hickman and Ms Robin. Am I right? " I nodded in response

"where's your partner Mr. Hickman? "he asked

"Uh she's not well."

"she could've called to seek permission for her absence I'll be deducting some marks". He said, a bit irritated

God, I couldn't afford loosing marks. This made fifty percent of my grades for this course

" Sir, she has been admitted in the hospital, it's quite serious. I went to see her. "I lied.

He waited for while and nodded. He looked convinced . Thank the heavens!,my marks are safe.

........

"Well Mr Hickman, that was an impressive presentation there. I give forty seven marks in all " he said and I nodded and said thank you. I noticed how students were gawking at me as I took my seat.

Okayyyyy lovess here goes chapter six of TAR.. Your thoughts please. Don't forget to vote and comment

Love y'all ❤❤