chapter one

First few chapters are always the hardest to write , so they might not be the best . I hope y'all stick around to the end

I dedicate this chapter to @bunshinjay . Belated Happy Birthday Hunnay. Love you lots.

Dwayne's POV

I sighed deeply when I tripped over a stone as I was walking to school on Monday morning.. I was really not a morning person and Monday mornings were nobody's favourite anyways!!

Wesleyan College was a ten minutes walk from my apartment. Since I didn't want to be in the school hostels,i had to get an apartment.

I entered the school with my usual blank expressionless face and was welcome by the stares and whispering of the students.. As usual. I sighed and shot deadly glares to the students who stared shamelessly at me.

The amphitheater had a few people inside of it when I took my seat at the back. After about ten minutes students started entering with just a few scattered on the corridors.

"Uhh hi" I heard a female voice and I turned to look at who it was. "what is it? "I snapped angrily and she flinched, since she was caught off guard by my angry response.. "Uh what can I do for you? "I said a little more softly and she smiled. Sigh... See why I can't stand girls? What is there to smile about on a terrible Monday morning? " can I sit next to you? " I stared at her blankly for a moment and muttered a yes and she sat and smiled.

She turned and was about speaking to me just before the professor, Mr. Johnson,my photography professor entered the class. "good morning class. Today I'm going to have to group you in twos for a project. Your partner would be the person on your immediate right. You'll be going out to take photographs of specific places and you'll write a simple note explaining a few things. I'll be taking the assignment in three days and note, that will make fifty percent of your grades this semester".

After the class, the blonde from earlier turned and said cheerfully, "I'm Lizbeth".i stared blankly for a few seconds and she asked my name. "Dwayne" I muttered in an irritated tone.

"well uh, about the assignment?" she said in a question form.

"I don't know. You could equally do it on your own"i replied harshly

"huh?" she asked in disbelief "I am not doing it on my own. We'd meet up at 2 at the cafeteria . You better show up". She snapped angrily and left.

Whooa, feisty much huh? Who is she? I wondered . The first time in this school someone has actually boldly yelled at me .

People were really scared of me due to my cold, emotionless actions ...but I couldn't care less about that...

I walked reluctantly to the cafeteria after my history class at two thirty only to meet an angry looking blonde at the corner of the cafeteria. Yes.. I had to do the damn project because I couldn't have my grades going down. She had a scowl registered itself on her face when I sat in the chair opposite her. "what"? I asked
"what? It's two thirty for God's sake. I said to meet at two". My patience was wearing off but I kept a cool, I don't know why I but I decided against yelling.
With my signature expressionless face, I said "I was busy". She sighed and told me she had something to attend to today and since tomorrow was a holiday, we could use that as an opportunity to do the project. I shrugged and slang my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the cafeteria.

When I arrived at my apartment, I unlocked it and dropped my bag on the couch and headed towards the kitchen. Damn! I was starving but I realised I was out of groceries. "Shit" I muttered to myself. I locked the door to my apartment and headed for the supermarket down the road.

I bought a few groceries and headed home. I decided against preparing lasagna since I wasn't that hungry as I was earlier. I ended up preparing ramen. I walked to the bathroom for a quick shower and took a nap afterward.

I groaned angrily as the alarm of my phone went off. It was already 6pm. I had a history assignment to finish so I decided to complete it before tomorrow.

After two hours, I was through with the history assignment. You could say o was a socially awkward person . I didn't have time for friendship . I spent most of time training for match, or at the gym teaching the learners. I had major match in a months time. I was going to fight the fours years consecutive winner of one of the underground UFC's.

If I win the championship, i could stand a chance of joining the international game.

I decided against doing any of my usual, I don't know why. I wanted to go outside. "Ouuuu darn this weather" I muttered to myself when the cold winds roughly hit my skin. Winter was about setting in so the weather wasn't the most favourable.. I walked to a coffee shop about an hour later and bought myself a cup of expresso and went back to my apartment..

It was quite late and I had to sleep since I had to go out with Uhh... What's her name again? That feisty little flower huh? Yes Layla? Or? No Livvy or something of that sought I guess. Well I don't really care about her name.. Yes I had an assignment to complete with her..

I know you'd be wondering why I am schooling since I make enough money from fighting.

I was looking forward to spending this holiday in doors or I'd probably go to see my mum.. But well..

Enough thinking, I've gotta sleep.. Man also needs his 'beauty' sleep anyway. I waited patiently for sleep to take over. ...

The place was eerily quiet as one could only hear the resonating sounds of my heartbeat and the wind outside...

I stared at nothing as darkness clouded my vision and sleep took over...

A/N: Okayyyyyy there goes the first chapter of Thornes and Roses. Don't forget to vote..... and comment if you don't like something.. You can air your views and bring some ideas too😊😊😊😊

Love y'all

Dede🍭❤