Another Good-Bye.

Dedicated to SweetLikeSugar_xoxo for giving me my first vote. Thanks.

Picture of Alex is to the right. :) 

***

Chapter One.

Alex looked around her room, happy that everything was finally in it’s place after their billionth “big” move as her mother liked to call them.

“Alexandra!” her mother Reis, called for her from the steps.

Alex sighed and walked over to the stairs, looking at her mother from the balcony at the top. “Yes, mama?” she answered.

Reis smiled at her. “You look lovely Sweetie, are you done unpacking?”

Alex was looking down at her outfit. “Yeah, just finished. I’m going out to meet Janie,” she said to her mother.

“That’s actually why I called for you. Janie just rang and said she was working,” she explained.

“It’s okay, I’ll go see her at the diner. Thanks mom,” she replied, turning to walk away.

“Alexandra, wait!” Reis called. “Your father and I need to speak with you for a few minutes, do you have time?”

Alex frowned and looked away from her mother, already knowing what was coming. “Sure mom, let me change and I’ll come down to talk to you,” she promised and then walked back to her room, changing her outfit to something more suitable before grabbing Janie’s gift off her bed, walking down to her father’s study.

“You needed to speak with me?”

Garrett nodded, looking at her. “I know we just got her and we just now got settled-”

“You’re leaving, aren’t you?” Alex cut him off, looking into his eyes.

Reis looked at her husband and then at her daughter. “I’m sorry Sweetie, we’re needed back in London.” she said to her softly.

Alex nodded. “It’s fine mom,” She said, trying to convince herself more than her parents. “I have to go meet Janie, when are you leaving?” she asked them.

“Tomorrow morning.” he said, remorse clear in his words as he said this to his daughter, it wasn’t 2 months ago that he was telling her he wouldn’t leave again.

Alex’s smiled, acting as if it didn’t bother her at all. “Bye.” she said and walked out the study, stopping to lean against the wall, covering her face with her hands and sighing sadly. When Alex was finally able to move, she walked out to her black Mercedes G-class, she started it and took off towards the diner.

* * *

Alex pulled up at the diner and looked around for Jason’s car, when she didn’t see it she got out to go inside, thankful the kind of mood swings wasn’t there. She walked into the diner and spotted her friend at the counter. “Happy birthday!” she said, hugging her tightly and handing her the blue Tiffany’s bag.

Janie’s eyes bugged. “Oh my god, Alex!” she said to her, looking at the bag. “I told you I wanted something simple and cheap. A t-shirt would have been nice.”

Alex frowned. “Open the bag Janie. It’s simple and elegant, just like you. I had it custom made and everything,” she pouted.

That did it for Janie, that pout was a complete breaker. “Fine,” Janie caved and opened it. “Thank you, Alex,” she said when she saw the diamond skeleton key necklace.