"My Girls" (Dad!Shawn)

"Babe, she's stirring again," Shawn spoke softly, waking you from your light sleep.

"Hmm?" you mumbled, exhaustion lacing your body as you remembered that you'd pushed a human out of your vagina just three days prior.

"She's uncomfortable? Maybe?" Shawn muttered, scooping your newborn baby from her crib and crawling into bed, sitting against his propped-up pillows. You'd decided on keeping the crib in your room for the first few weeks.

His familiar singing voice began humming to the half-asleep baby resting on his firm chest as your lazy fingers reached out to rub her back.

"I don't get it, she's eaten and her diaper's clean, why won't she sleep?" Shawn mumbled to himself, softly kissing the top of her fuzzy head. You shuffled under the blankets, cuddling up to Shawn's side as he placed an arm around you, holding you close.

"I hope she looks like you," Shawn smiled, chocolate eyes flickering down to yours.

"Mm, no, she's a full-blown Mendes," you mumbled, moving your hand away from your baby to pat his chest.

"You're a Mendes, too, you know," he said softly, his huge hand stretching over her entire back.

"She's sleeping now, babe, you should put her back in her crib before we both drift off," you yawned, admiring the soft features of your newborn.

"Mm, not yet. Appreciating this," he muttered, smiling ear to ear. "My family. My girls."

He leaned down to plant a kiss on your lips, thumb drawing soft circles over your shoulder. His heartbeat thumped in your ear as the two of you stared at your baby girl, peacefully sleeping in your husband's arms.