Long Distance

Shawn's been away for two weeks now, and the tour's just getting started. You're not sure how you'll ever make it through this. He's offered to fly you to him so many times, but school is picking up and you can't miss too much.

Today has been particularly bad. You had a dream about Shawn, a really cute one. He surprised you and the two of you just had a night in, watching movies and eating and making out. Waking up from those is always the worst—they just seem so real.

Your classes seem to drag on forever, and with Shawn being on the opposite side of the world, his night is your day. Your communication has been at a minimum and you don't know how much longer you can take it without having a breakdown.

In your history tutorial, your phone begins buzzing out of control. Everyone looks at you, and you quickly pull it out of your pocket to silence it. But when you see Shawn's name lit on your screen, you immediately stand up, apologizing to your TA, and excusing yourself to take the call.

"Hello? Shawn?"

"Hi, baby. How are you?"

"I'm great!" You lie, not wanting to bum him out about making you miss him.

"Well, I'm not. I just want to let you know I love you. I love you so much and I miss you and this whole long-distance thing is tearing me apart. I can't wait to come home. I love you. I don't know if I can handle this." He said, and you could tell he was holding back tears.

"Okay good because I'm fucking crumbling over here." You responded, relieved the feelings were mutual.

"I gotta go, sweetheart, but I wanted to say I love you. And one day we'll be married with kids and I won't leave as often. I'll be there. I miss you so much."

Your heart explodes in your chest at his words, tears beginning to form in your eyes.

All you can really manage to get out is, "Okay, I love you Shawn. Stay safe and call me whenever you can."

As soon as you get back into your class, you book a flight to him. Nothing—not even history tutorials—can keep you from Shawn.