Chapter 2

We walk to the food court because of a very sad and grumpy Kesha was hungry and all of a sudden a very distinguished smell of vanilla and peppermint have my wolf going crazy as she says 'mate. Mate somewhere nearby'.

My eyes widened as I can feel the uneasy excitement in me. I followed where the scent was coming from but it was kind of faint.

     "I'll be back," I told the twins leaving them before they can even object.

     The smell got stronger and my wolf got more excited as we were almost there. I stopped by a bridge on the 2nd floor. I look across the other side and saw the most handsome guy leaning on the glass window waiting for someone. He had a perfect jawline and his features were strongly define. His brown hair was combed back and his eyes were shut.

     He seemed to notice something and I started to feel anxious. He opens his eyes and thanks for my good werewolf eyesight I can tell that he have beautiful greenish-blue eyes. I was too in a daze and fail to notice we were making eye contact.

     'Mate!' My wolf howled in happiness. I smiled at my mate and for some reason his eyes seemed to have darkened. I lost my smile and was confused at his reaction. Shouldn't he be happy to have found me? His mate? Is something wrong with me? I was so lost and so confused to even see the girl who was talking to him.

     She was really beautiful, she had wavy blond hair that was mid length and she had a perfect figure that any guy would want. Her cute dimples and that smile that shines so bright. It all makes me feel insecure about myself even though I know I shouldn't be.

     I look at him burning holes through my mate to turn to me and look at me instead of her. He smiled at her and his face showed happiness, the dark face gone. Why? Shouldn't it be me? Why her? They held hands and before they disappeared out of my sight he looks at me with no emotions in his eyes.

My eyes burn from the tears that were forcing themselves not to fall. Please don't cry, at least not right now Sarah. It's not.. worth it. It falls. One drop, two drops, three drops and before I knew it. It was falling like a water fountain.

     I hid my face after I was done having my episode inside my hoodie. I decided to head back to the twins to see what they were up to.

     'I'm here," my dad mind-links me.

     I didn't say anything back and I approach my friends and nod my head backwards signaling them that my dad was here. The drive way home I sat in complete silence thinking about him. He sucks. He's handsome and all but he's a jerk. Picking a human over me.

     I was jerk from my thoughts when my dad parked the car opening his door, coming to my side to open mine.

     "My lady," my dad says playfully and bow.

     I got out and fake a smile. My dad unlocks the door and I walk inside, all of a sudden surprised.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" A bunch of people jumped out in the dark and my mom was standing in the middle with a two layer cake with 18 candles stick in it.

It didn't surprise me one bit although it scared me from the unexpected loudness. I was going to walk off but I didn't want to be rude or mean to the people who work so hard on this. I faked a smile as best as I can so no one can tell.

"Thank you," I said to everyone, meaning it.

"Make a wish baby," my moms angelic voice says.

I close my eyes and thought of my wish. 'I wish my mate will come to love me' and blew the candles out. I went up to my room after the birthday party laying on my bed. A knock was heard from my door.

     "Come in," I said my eyes closed not bothering to look at who opened the door.

     "Hey," my dad says sitting on the bed beside me.

     "Hey," I said back with no emotions In my tone.

     "What's bothering you?" He can always tell when something is up.

     "Nothing," I lied.

     "You know i know my baby girl right?" He sighed knowing I lied.

     My eyes open and I sit up. I look at my dads concern face and we sit in silence. I was debating if I should tell him or not. But I knew he would understand my feelings more then my mom would even though my mom tries really hard and I love and appreciate her for that.

     "It's just," I hesitate, " I found my mate today.."

     His eyes widened, "isn't that good."

     "Not exactly.." I mumbled. "Dad can we please talk about this another time. I'm really tired."

     "I understand," he says and before he left he gave me a kiss on the forehead making me groan in the inside. I was 18 years old for goodness sake. I was deep into my thoughts and at last I fell into a deep sleep.