Mini Supers Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Err yeah just like that."

Kara turned around to them a giant pout across her mouth. "Excuse me but she is being mean to me."

Lena smirked turning to Alex. "I'm sorry but this is the cutest thing ever!"

" Sure for you, I've got an eight-year-old running around my apartment with a stolen bear, who also happens to be my girlfriend, this is not the cutest thing ever. "

The two women hadn't noticed Kara move until Lena felt something tug at the bottom of her shirt.

"Will you make sure she doesn't steal my pizza please."

" Oh, well yes of course. "

Kara sighed. "She is always stealing my pizza."

Alex laughed she couldn't tell little Kara that actually, in reality, it was the other way around Kara was always stealing (Y/n)'s food, not just pizza.

(Y/n) chose that moment to heroically walk back into the room, the bear tucked under her arm like it was a prize of war, a triumphant smirk across her mouth.

Kara scowled at her cousin. "Lena said there is no pizza for you!"

(Y/n)'s face fell into a devastated sad frown, tears filled in her eyes as her lower lip began to wobble. "But I'm hungry too." Her eyes lifted with misery to Alex hoping the kind woman would be her savior.

If our children ever look at me like this I am screwed for life. "Kara that is not what Lena said and you know it."

" But she stole my bear. "

"It was my turn to play with him." ( Y/n) protested.

"It's not a he, the bear is a she." Kara stomped her feet making the whole room wobble.

" Okay, that is enough if you carry on there will be no pizza and no bear for anyone. " Alex replied sternly.

Both girls turned ferocious eyes on her. "You are a big meanie!" Kara spat out.

" Yes, an old big meanie! " (Y/n) agreed.

Alex turned to Lena in silent mortification. "How did I become the bad guy?"

" You threatened to take away pizza to the El's that is a cardinal sin. "

                                                                          xxx

Alex looked down into the faces of the two sleeping cousins, Kara had been much older when she had come into her life, she'd never seen this side of her not even in pictures, no her mouth hung open as a tiny snore tore from her, her small lashes fluttered slightly as she instinctively in sleep moved closer to her cousin placing a protective arm over her shoulder when (y/n) let out a soft whimper.

Alex smiled at the sight pulling the covers up around them she headed back to the sofa where Lena sat and where she would be sleeping tonight, it hadn't been on her list of things to do that night but she had no choice.

Lena poured them a glass of wine each.

"They are asleep."

" I can hear which one is snoring? " She chuckled softly.

"That would be Kara."

" So perfect Kara has a flaw. "

"Actually she has many, have you never met her before?. " Alex laughed taking a sip from her glass.

"I have, I guess I never see them or maybe she hides them well, just as she hides everything about herself."

"Its just something she has always done, I guess my parents are to blame a little but they meant well and they were right to have those rules for her, she could have been taken by someone with evil intent."

"Someone like my mother, my brother?"

" I did just mean anyone I wasn't specifying anyone in particular. " Alex bit her lip regretting her choice of wording.

Lena sighed sadly. "I wonder sometimes whether she would have done those things to me had she known my true maternal roots, did Aethyr know about Lillian? I struggle to reconcile the evil she and Kharys did with how they did try to protect us."

"I guess we can't choose our parents."

"That is true." Lena agreed.

"It is or my mother wouldn't be the crazy insane woman she is I'd have chosen someone infinitely cooler" Alex laughed trying to come up with a mental list of candidates for mother.

"At least she never went on some crazy rampage to turn humans into Kryptonians." Lena shrugged she and ( Y/n) won hands down in any competition for who had the craziest mothers if they were counting Lillian too Lena would be way out in front.

"I know I was one of them," Alex added. "Still I can't be too angry anymore unwittingly they gave me something of a gift, sometimes I would worry about (Y/n) and I, I would age and she would still be this young vision, how could she ever have stayed with an aging wrinkly old woman?"

"I don't claim to know how love works but I know this, my cousin she is special she sees things that others ignore look at me when the world was shouting at her that I was a Luthor run away! she never left me, even when I was the one telling her to run. "

Alex smiled it had only been a few hours but she missed her (Y/n), missed the way she could make her feel like the most attractive person in a room just with one look. "I guess it's not an issue now. "

"Nope, it's not."

" I hope your plan works I'm not exactly looking forward to tomorrow's Truth or Dare especially the kind Sara has planned for us, with two kids hanging around being influenced by her brand of innuendo. " Alex groaned at the thought, maybe she would have to cancel.

"We'll have to wait and see I guess."

                                                                                          xxx

Early the next morning Alex ushered (Y/n) and Kara into the DEO both surprisingly happily chatting about dinosaurs and which was the best one.

Alex knew that soon this friendly debate would turn into an all-out war.

She didn't have long to wait.

"How can it be a triceratops, the best dinosaur was the Allosaurus " Kara shouted.

" Nope, no way it is the triceratops! "

Alex rolled her eyes at least they were predictable, she gathered them in her lab standing where they had stood next to the artifact when they had first transformed into children.

Their row continued.

"It is the Allosaurus "

" No way dummy it isn't the triceratops! "

"You're the dummy!"

"No, you are!"

"No, you are! "

" You are! "

"You are!"

Alex closed her eyes the whole thing was starting to give her a headache, she really didn't know how much more she could take of it.

As her eyes were closed she didn't notice the artifact begin to hum slightly as the lid began to open again sending out another burst of smoke.

"I just think you need to explore these feelings Kara before its too late, and being a massive prude is not helping anyone. "

"I'm not doing it."

Alex cracked one eye open to peek at the scene before her, she'd heard (Y/n) and Kara but she wanted to make sure her ears weren't playing tricks on her.

"It worked! " She shouted excitedly leaping into the air as she charged forward to throw her arms around both women. "It actually worked!"

" Err Alex are you okay? " Kara looked to (Y/n) confused, the chef shrugged mystified.

"Oh have I got a story for you," Alex smirked, as Kara and (Y/n) looked at each other confused.