Chapter 22 | Back

You guys are amazing! I didn't expect any comments on the last chapter since it took me a lot of time to publish it, so it was a nice surprise to see a few!

Short chapter, but next up is the epilogue, and I wanted the rest to be in there.

As always, please let me know if you see an grammar and spelling errors :)

___________________________________

''I wish we could have gotten your advice and aid a bit earlier.'' Tobirama spoke, his piercing eyes focused on Hagoromo.

''This lower body is a part of Madara after he became the Ten Tails' Jinchuriki.'' Hagoromo said. ''In short, it contains Ten Tails, Madara and Hashirama- no, rather Nine Tails, Madara and Hashirama- no, rather-''

Asami stopped listening for a moment. It was too much to take in. The whole story about Ashura and Indra, about their souls reincarnating. She also couldn't stop thinking about what happened to Madara. Apparently, Madara's body was used as host vessel to revive Kaguya, Hagoromo's mother.  Asami couldn't be more confused, more scared. There was too much going to process, to take in. With her power, she was powerless. Powerless to influence this war, unable to help Madara, if there was even still helping him. Asami bit the inside of her cheek, the thought of what happened to him being irreversibly making her stomach churn.

''-I'm only able to emerge like this now because their chakra is finally one.'' Hagoromo finished.

''Going back to the jutsu you mentioned earlier, just what exactly are you going to do?'' Minato asked

Asami was sure that if she was able to feel, she'd have a huge headache now. The situation was so complicated at this point. She didn't even want to be involved in it. She felt incredibly selfish for only caring for herself and for the ones dear to her while the others were trying so hard to help the heroes in this war. But Asami didn't know them. This era wasn't hers. She didn't feel any connection to it, so how was she supposed to care?

''I will weave the signs for the jutsu, but this jutsu requires a vast amount of chakra which I don't have right now since I've given it away.'' Hagoromo answered, his eyes briefly connecting her Asami's. ''There's very little time. I ask you to just do as I say.''

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Asami looked around. There were more unfamiliar faces than before, but also more faces she had seen before. Hagoromo summoned the other previous Kage. The Uzumaki had met some before, and although she didn't know them well at all, it still felt good to see people from her time.

Asami placed her hands on the ground like everybody else and markings appeared. In the end, she decided to help after all, but she secretly hoped to get Madara back that way too.

''Summoning Jutsu!'' Hagoromo exclaimed.

In less than a second, all the Tailed Beats and a few strangers stood before her. Her eyes focused on the black haired boy with the Sharingan for a moment. Those eyes made her yearn to see Madara even more. Kaguya wasn't there. There was only one woman, but she didn't fit the description of Kaguya.

Asami looked around, desperate to find a trace of the notorious Uchiha.

And there he lay.

.