56

3rd person p.o.v

Recap

"Amanda I love"

Before Josh could finish the sentence, their suv was smashed into. The car flipped over and rolled a few times before coming to a stop. Amanda looked over towards Josh with heavy eyes and then everything went black. Josh, on the other hand, was still conscious. "Amanda! Amanda wake up!" He yelled as he tried to unbuckle himself so he could get to her. It was jammed. "Fuck!" He yelled as he moved one of his arms, to find it was broken. "Sir, are you alright?" He heard a voice ask. "I-I'm fine." Josh replied. "I'm a paramedic and we're gonna get you both out okay? Just stay with me." The paramedic said. Josh nodded. "Get her out first!" he exclaimed when they started working on him. "We have to get you out in order to get to her sir." the medic said. He looked frantically around him, eyes locking on the windshield. "Break the windshield, get her out that way." he said. Unbeknownst to the medics, Josh was a medic too.

More ambulances, including the fire rescue, came to the scene. Medics got both Amanda and Josh out. Josh had a broken arm and a few bruised ribs and a concussion. Amanda on the other hand, had a broken leg, a broken clavicle and a few bruised ribs and was still unconscious. The hospital knew Amanda, so they called Jax and Ashlynn.

"Ashlynn, it's Donnie from Mass Gen. It's Amanda." that's all the man had to say, and Jax and his wife were on their way. Ashlynn called Josh's sister and she went to the hospital as well.

When they arrived, Ashlynn ran into the emergency room to the desk. "Amanda Teller. Where is she?" She asked, clearly out of breath. The nurse looked up, it wasn't a nurse she knew. "Who are you?" The nurse asked Ashlynn. "Her mother." She spoke through gritted teeth. "We can't let you see her just yet." Ashlynn was going to jump over the counter if her husband didn't grab her hip before she could do anything. "Where's Donnie?" Jax asked the nurse. "He left on break." She said. Jax and Ashlynn looked at each other. Ashlynn turned on her heel, and pulled her husband into a hug. "That's not a nurse Jax. Donnie doesn't take breaks, and he's an ER/OR nurse." She whispered into her husbands ear. He nodded. They turned back to the nurse and smiled. Ashlynn nodded at her husband and walked to the double doors, and proceeded to put in the code to get in. The nurse tried to stop her. "You obviously are new here. My name is Amanda Telford-Teller. I'm the head nurse." She spat. The woman behind the desk goes to sit down, but then turns around with a loaded gun in her hand. "Don't you fucking dare go through those doors, if you know what's good for you and your family." she said in a heavily Irish accented tone. Ashlynn looked at Jackson and then at the nurse. She seen Jax pull out his gun and aim it at the nurse. "Put down the gun." Jax stated. Ashlynn opened the doors and tucked herself against the wall and seen a group of people standing outside an operating room. 'That's must be where Amanda is.' Ashlynn thought. She ducked into one of the rooms, it was empty thank God. It turns out it was a locker room, for the nurses and doctors. She crept over to her locker, opened it, slid on her scrubs and walked out. She walked up to the group of people and they stopped her. "Who are you?" a man asked her. "Head night nurse. Who are you? You're not allowed to block this hallway or these doors if there's an operation going on. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do inside that room, and I'd appreciate it if you all left." she demanded as she pushed through them, to the room with industrial sinks and washed up and put her gear on and walked into the room. She seen Amanda lying on the table, being operated on. She walked over to the other nurse and took the clipboard from her hand. She examined the clipboard, and walked to check all the IV's attached to her daughter to make sure it was the right medications. She nodded as she handed the clipboard back to the previous nurse and looked at the doctor, who was scared but kept it under control. The doctor looked at her and smiled. "Good afternoon Amanda, how are you?" he asked her. "I'm doing good Doc. Who're we fixing today?" She asked. "Jane Doe. We'll figure it out after we get her all patched up." he said.

Ashlynn started helping the doctor, releasing some of the other nurses. Sooner than later, the 'Jane Doe' was all sewn back together, and put into her own room to recover. Ashlynn cleaned up the operating room and while doing so, she was stopped by one of the men outside the doors. "Oh shit you scared me. What can I help you with?" she asked him, trying to move around him, but, to no avail, he wouldn't let her move. "There might be a few things you can help me with." he smiled. She looked at him with disgust. "Please, leave this room or I will have to call security." Ashlynn said. He chuckled and stepped closer to her. "I'm serious, leave." she demanded. He took another step closer to her. Lucky for Mrs. Teller, the silent emergency button was right behind her, underneath the desk she was pressed against. She brought her arm around her and pretended to scratch her back and pressed the button. It felt like forever. By the time the security actually showed up, the man had hit Ashlynn and attempted to remove her scrub bottoms. Ashlynn kicked him in the face and he went down. She grabbed his gun and aimed it at his head. The security burst through the doors and seen Ashlynn, her pants around her knees and a gun in her hand. One of the officers walked over to Ashlynn, and put her hand on Ashlynn's arm and lowered it. She took the gun from her and Ash pulled her pants back up. She left the operating room and walked into the waiting room. Jax was talking to one of the officers.

"Baby, what happened?" he asked her as he hugged her. "I worked on Amanda and when they transferred her to her room, a few of them went with her, and a few stuck behind to watch me. One had decided to come into the room and try with me. He now has a broken nose and is being escorted to the station." Ashlynn said as she pointed to the man who was being walked out by the officers. "Where's Amanda?" he asked. She shrugged. "Let's go find out." she spoke as she held her husbands hand and walked through the doors, into the ward.