Jeepney Love Story ▪ Han

Începe de la început

"Here. You can take my handkerchief." A boy sitting infront of me offered me his handkerchief. I looked at it. It's a customized handkerchief because a name was printed on it.

'Han'

I looked at the boy. He look cute. With his hazel brown chinky eyes, long nose, wide smile and unnecessary long eyelashes, he looked like my idol, Got7 Mark. I have been obsessed with him for the passed three years. I even have a journal all about him.

Without any hesitations, I accepted his handkerchief. "Thanks." I stated.

I kept on glancing at the boy. I hoped he looked at me at least once. Seriously, this is just like a dream. I know I'll never marry Mark so at least I can marry a lookalike. I have his handkerchief so I have a reason to at least meet him.

"Hey. I'm just going to wash your handkerchief and I promise to give this back to you on Monday." I smiled. He looked at me for a while and then shook his head.

"It's okay. I have tons of handkerchief in the house." He smiled. Gosh! His smile is really cute. I want to take a picture of it and hang it on my wall.

"No. Just ahh tell me your school and I'm going to give this to you." I said. I hoped he'll just agree.

He just smiled sweetly and nodded. I smiled secretly. He's so cute. I developed a crushy crushy feeling with him in just a span of minutes.

I opened my phone and texted my friend.

To Chipmunk Lisa:

Lisssssaaaaaaaa! My intestines are totally a mess right now. I just saw a cute guy at the jeepney. I like him. Kyaahhh

From Chipmunk Lisa:

Ugh! Shut up Ji. For sure that's a gamer.

Lisa had his first boyfriend when she's twelve and they totally last for four years. They are childhood sweethearts. Their relationship is totally sweet. But then DOTA was created. His boyfriend started dating with DOTA. Sleeping with DOTA. Studying still with DOTA. His life and routine changed. He forgot about Lisa and love the game more than her. So now, Lisa is the most bitter in the squad. My friends and I except for Lisa had crushes on our school's basketball varsity. Lisa will just say they are basketball players and love to play the game more than spending time with us.

To Chipmunk Lisa:

Why are you so bitter LALISA MANOBAN?

From Chipmunk Lisa:

Cuz i've eaten 100 pieces of bitter pizza.

To Chipmunk Lisa:

Your imaginations are pretty disgusting.

"Paki abot yung bayad kay manong." The boy said and passed his money to the passengers until it reaches the driver.

When the jeepney stopped, I get off and walk fast to ride a tricycle. My final ride to reach home.

As I entered the vehicle, someone sit beside me. I don't really care who it is so I just looked at my phone.

Mom calling. . .

I didn't answer her calls because I still don't have an excuse to tell.

"Your mom's calling." I looked to whoever it is who said that and found out that it's the cute guy.

"Oh it's you again." I said awkwardly.

"Yeah. So you live here?" He asked. I just nodded.

"Wait. . .are you stalking me?" I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. I'm already used to have stalkers and everything but him stalking me is totally not creepy. It's somehow sweet.

"Stalking? No, I don't. I live here. Sorry but your accusation is wrong." He chuckled. I squeezed myself into the chair because of embarrassment. Okay that is really awkward.

When I went home, Mom welcomed me with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you late Jisoo?" She asked me.

"My friend and I went to the mall and she bought me pizza." I said without looking into her eyes.

"A friend? So why are you with Han?" She caught my attention when she said that.

"You know him?" I asked. She just nodded and open the microwave. Smell of banana cake spread all over the kitchen.

"How mom? Is he a neighbor or something?" I asked curiously.

"He's the son of my best friend Ji. He is your childhood friend. Remember squirrel? The cute boy you used to play with before? He is him now." Mom said. Surprised, I ran towards my room and immediately scanned my drawers. I surely have a box here which contains my picture when I'm still a kid.

Dad is calling me from behind the door but I didn't answer. At least he'll think that I'm already sleeping.

I opened the last box I got and hoped to see my picture with squirrel. I used to make names for my friends before and squirrel is my closest friend. I just don't know his real name.

'Jisoo and Squirrel'

"I found it!" I screamed out of happiness.

When morning came, dad scolded me but I don't care. I just happily eat my meal. Mom even think I'm weird but I'm just so happy. This is the first time I've felt happy having a crush on someone.

Dad was supposed to drop me off to my school but I said I want to ride a jeepney. I hoped I can see him.

"Hey. . ." The girl beside me said. I looked at the one she was calling and didn't expect that it is Han.

"Hi Rose." Han greeted. I looked at the girl intently. She a flirt. God! I can see it from her loose necktie and super short skirt. And the fact that she's flirting with Han makes me angry.

"Hi Han." I greeted him. I caught his attention as he glance at me.

"Oh hi!" He said. I looked at the handkerchief in my hand and give it to him.

"Thanks for letting me borrow this last night." I said.

"Welcome Ji. By the way, I missed you." He smiled.

• • • • •

Count how many 'totally' in this chapter hahaha. Thanks for reading! And please patiently wait for the part two.