Chapter 51 (Pt 2)

Start from the beginning

"Your turn, kid," Hades smiled. An evil smile.

Luckily, thurns weren't timed. Nico had all the time in the world to process what had just happened.

"You know you can forfeit," Hades reminded him, a glint in his eyes. "Save the little pride you have."

Nico narrowed his eyes, fixating them on the screen again. There was no way he was forfeiting, especially if that's what Hades was hoping he'd do.

He clicked to pick up two new cards, nearly gasping as he did. There was no way of missing the hopeful look Nico had. Grinning, he looked up at his father, using the same words against him.

"Are you sure you don't want to forfeit?"

"Why would I do that?" Hades inquired. "I'm winning."

"You had your chance," the boy warned.

Nico played the two cards, hitting the 'confirm' button. Hades gasped and Nico leaned back, allowing himself to enjoy as his father panicked.

"I knew you had Asclepius but how did you get your hands on Death's Favor?"

Nico watched the animations on the laptop, very pleased with the results he was getting.

Asclepius went through Nico's discarded deck, tossing three cards back into his playing deck. Meanwhile, a reaper appeared, swinging his scythe once. All of his father's creatures and soldiers died and his land was badly damaged. The reaper vanished, laughing menacingly as he went.

Nico's HP was still 105, but Hades had dropped all the way down to 25.

"Sure you don't want to forfeit?" Nico mocked. "Save what little pride you have?"

Hades glared and Nico held it there. Then, after what felt like an eternity, the old man's face fell and turned, defeated, towards his screen. Two words followed his actions:

"You win."

The whole room erupted with cheers. Nico jumped from his seat and into Will's arms. Bianca barreled into the two of them, hugging and crying tears of joy. Other's joined the hug but the boys could care less.

They won. Love won.

☀️💞💀

Even though there was no wedding, everyone went to the reception. There, the two love birds sat in the seats of honor and dined with the rest of the guest who chose to attend.

The dance floor was cleared for dancing. Nico dragged Will out, making them the first there. His cousins and sisters weren't too far behind. Since the days events had changed, so did the music. Instead of love songs, it was nothing but Nico's punk/rock music and Will's 60's through the 90's playlist. Most people didn't have a problem with this. Others did but nobody cared about them.

Nico slipped away with Bianca for about twenty minutes and re-entered the room again wearing the wedding dress that had been tailored for him. Will's face reddened when he saw his boyfriend but laughed along with everyone else.

Cake was brought out and cut. By that time, Nico had changed back into suit, claiming that dresses were heavy and a hassle to deal with. Will sympathized from the day he had to wear one, and the girls simply shook their heads. Neither of them had to deal with it as often as they did.

Will managed to sneak off. Nico was just about to question where the blonde had gone when the music suddenly faded out and a path started to clear way. At the end was Will with a ukulele, strumming the chords to a familiar tone. When he sang the first line, Nico recognized it instantly and fell even more in love with him.