45 - Him again?

hey guys i know i said i would update every week but i've been struggling with my wee man, my partner, my wedding and everything that comes along with that so i'm so so sorry about this but i'm definately gonna update like mad this weekend i promise :P 

-

"Everything started with a legend from long ago that says when we dedicate the treasure orbs of Ryuko to the Todoroki Taisha, the storms will settle. Now it has become a customary event that happens once every four years. Initially it started out as an event to dedicate the treasure orbs, but over time it became a festival race where the person who comes in first will dedicate them. But recently it has begun to take on another form. In the port village, Degarashi, there are two clans. We, the Wasabi family, and the long standing Wagarashi family. Though this is embarassing, these two clans were constantly in dispute and fought over the city boundaries. As things spun out of control, the city people were caught in the middle and were getting hurt. So to put an end to the situation that was getting out of hand-"

"You and the other clan made a bargain," Tsuki spoke up, "A way of deciding who would be in charge without the violence, right?"

"And that event is. . . " Sakura drifted off.

"The Todoroki Taisha dedication ceremony," he agreed, "I have recieved information that the wagarashi family who won after hiring a ninja four years ago, has once again hired a ninja this year. So just when we sent messengers to the village of Konoha to request a job, we were ambushed." he leaned forward, pressing his hands against the floor in a bow, "Onegai, lend us your strength, we cannot afford to lose this race against the wagarashi family."

"Leave it to me!" Naruto announced, slamming his fist against his chest, "Dattebayo."

"Us, leave it to us," Tsuki corrected, shooting Naruto a warning look and he smiled sheepishly.

Sasuke crossed his arms with a grunt and asked "So, who will we be guarding?"

"Oh, so you'll accept the job?" he clapped twice and a shadow appeared outside the door. 

As the sliding partition was opened, the boy from earlier was revealed and Tsuki felt her eyebrow twitch. this wouldn't go over well with the other three.

"Did you call for me, boss?"

Sakura's head jerked up in surprise, as did the boy's, and Naruto pointed at him with an extremely pissed of expression, letting out a yell.

"Oh so you know each other?"

"We had a brief encounter," Tsuki spoke up, glancing at Sasuke who knocked Naruto over the head to stop him glaring at the boy. "Perhaps not the best way to give each other the best first impression."

Naruto and the boy, Idate took the lead through the town, Sasuke and Sakura behind them and Tsuki behind those two, keeping an eye on them all. Unfortunately the two leading were arguing loud enough to gain plenty of attention.

"Jirochou-sama is a really high ranking person you know! To tell you the truth, he doesn't have to beg a ninja."

"Hah! i won't guard you even if he begs me to. Dattebayo."

"Yes you will Naruto," Tsuki called, the threat obvious in her voice.

"Yeah sure," Idate scoffed, "I don't want to run around with someone of unknown origin either!"

"Who are you calling someone with unknown origin?!" NAruto exclaimed, stepping in front of Idate, "I'm the genius ninja, Uzumaki Naruto who will someday take the title of Hokage!"

"Heh! Hokage are nothing!"

Tsuki's eyebrow twtiched, the boy had better watch what he says.

"Jiroucho-sama's the one who's not great!" Naruto screeched back.

"Bakayaro! Jirochou-Sama's a great man!"

"Hokage is a very, very great ninja who places their life on the line for the village!"

"Jirouchou-sama is a very, very, very great man who'd put his life on the line to protect the city anytime!"

"Hokage are much, much, much, much more amazing!"

"That's enough!" Tsuki snapped, slamming a fist down on either boy's head. "You," she grabbed Idate by the collar, puling him closer to her, "Watch your mouth, we recently lost our Hokage who died saving us all, you disrespect him and you can forget seeing the start of the race, understand? i don't care what bad history you have with ninja, or Konoha, but you will deal with this situation and make Jirochou proud!" Tossing him away from her, Tsuki then turned on Naruto who had been laughing. "And you, stop being a stubborn brat and accept the fact that we are protecting this boy with everything we have or i will send you back to Konoha and have Tsunade put you back in the Academy! Do you understand!"

"Hai," came two disgruntled voices, neither brave enough to challenge the girl with glowing red eyes and sharp teeth.

"I'll keep my eyes on them, you two take a look around," Tsuki suggested to Sasuke and Sakura.

When the two arrived back at Jirochou's place, they explained about the Wagarashi family and how they treated the people in the city. Sakura took great pleasure in describing how Sasuke beat them up.

"Alright, Naruto's in the room, Sasuke you better get to bed, try not to wake him because i had to knock him out to get him there. Sakura our room is in the other direction, i'll be along shortly."

Tsuki left them to folow her orders and slipped into Jirochou's room. he noticed, But Idate was too busy arguing about the Konoha ninja being involved.

"Don't sulk, Idate."

"I'm not sulking, it's just that i . . ."

"Idate, i believe in you more than anyone. Now the rest is up to you. How about you trust other people for a change?"

Tsuki watched him look down at the ornamental knife, his eyes drifting somewhere between the present and the past.

"Idate, onegai run for this city. i beg you."

"Boss . . . Hai!"

"Good, now i'll leave him to you."

Idate turned, surprised as he saw Tsuki leaning against the wall and turned to complain to Jirochou by the was already sliding the door closed behind him.

"Morino Idate . . ." Tsuki said calmly, kneeling opposite him, "I understand you hate us, you hate Konoha also for some reason and i believe you also hate your aniki, judging by the way you twitched at your last name."

"How do you-"

"I'm not a chuunin for nothing, Idate-san. Now, i've looked at the path set for the race and a few things strike me as problematic. But i have seen how calculated you can be, so i know you have a plan. i want you to tell me."

"Why should i? And shouldnt your team be here?"

"I was to leave this misison in charge of them, but they fail to pick up on such obvious details. i will leave it to them to work it out. you however, would do well to share your plan with at least one person."

"You act much more different than any Konoha ninja i've known."

"I may be Konoha now," Tsuki admitted, "But there was a time when i wasn't. And unfortunately for me, that was the worst time in my life. though i cannot forget the lessons i learned at that time. One i'm sure you're very familiar with."

"What's that?"

"Follow your instincts, do what you need to to survive and protect. Idate, tell me your plans, in order to surve and protect this city."

-

and there we have it hehehe i hope its lright and makes sense, i'll get started ont eh actuall race in the next chapter promise !!!!!