Amber (F(X))

Genre: fluff, angst!!!

➵ Requested: yes bc y'all love Amber OMG HOP OFF MY DICK GUYS

➵ Warnings: none???, this is almost 1k words

Title: The city of love (mostly heart break)

➵ Title: The city of love (mostly heart break)

********

Maybe visiting Paris in the middle of May was a bad idea after all. And of course, since it was the rainiest season of the year, you obviously forgot to bring your damn umbrella.
So now you were stuck in a lanky gas station, waiting for your driver to take you to the hotel you'd be staying at for the next four days.
The flight to Paris was exhausting and all you wanted to do is just crash onto the closest semi-soft furniture in your sight.

You waited for another fourty minutes before your driver finally came to pick you up. And the exact moment the back of your head hit the smooth car seat, you were out.
The driver, who turned out to be kind man in his 50s, silently woke you up when you reached your destination.

Where you were staying was a fancy hotel you managed to find on the outskirts of Paris. The place was elegant and expensive, making you feel out of place as you grumpily walked to the reception. You had already done a check in, so all you had to do is take your key and get on your way; and so you did.

The room was huge and had a view towards Paris. And, the moment you locked your door, you jumped on the fluffy bed and let sleep take over your body.

Broken hearts aren't supposed to take so much time to heal, Amber thinks.
She's tried everything.
If there was a step-by-step guide on how to forget about your ex, she would have long left the memory of you behind. Instead, she goes for cutting her already short hair shorter and visiting Europe.
Halfway through her five day stay in Sweden, she decided to go to France.
More specifically, Paris.

How ironic.

Maybe visiting the city of love in the middle of a heart wrenching breakup wasn't the best of her ideas. Along with buying that fancy restaurant coupon that she'll never have the chance to use because, spoiler! ,she forgot it in your wallet.
(Fun Fact! To this day, Amber still keeps your photo in her wallet!)

On your first day in Paris you went to see the Eiffel Tower, very original.
You had a calming brunch on the bank on The Seine and overheard an old couple argue on their 47th anniversary.

Amber wanted to spend her first day in Paris by going on a tourist money-milking tour of the Eiffel Tower.
She held her breath as she went up the elevator and let it out once she saw the amazing view. The sunset reminded her of everything she tried to forget.

The second day of your trip finally came and you went souvenir shopping in the Old Town of Paris.
You were mindlessly looking aroud at magnets when you looked into your wallet to see if you had enough money to catch a cab back to the hotel but, instead you were met with the crumpled 40,000 won coupon to that one resturant that was close to your old back apartment in Seoul and that you'll never get to use because that means you'll need to go back to the place you used to call home.
Not because of the apartment, but rather the person who did.
Either way, the rest of your day was ruined, to say the least.

The number three reminded Amber of how many moled were on your back, or how many colors your eyes had when you would look into her's.
So, on day three of the trip, Amber spent it by doing things you promised you would but never got to. Like, going to an art museum and taking photos with the paintings using snapchat filters or staying up to see the sunrise even though you're tired out of your mind.

Not quite getting sick of Paris, on your fourth day, you decided to post one photo of your hotel room view with the caption, "Paris feels like home". But the second after you posted it, your knees collaps under your weight as you sob to yourself in your hotel bathroom floor until it was time for the room keeping maids to come.

Day four, and Amber still missed you.
The Paris air was making her choke on her words when she saw your favourite breed of dog walk past her.
You still had her blocked on every single social medie platform. Maybe you had found someone new already, she thought. So, she finally booked a flight for the next day back home and decided this Europe Tour has officially to come an end.

On the last day, you stay in your hotel room and try to remember her exact eye color. You were absolutely bonkers. You havent heard her voice in so long you started to forget the way she used to sing you lullabies to sleep.
Of course, you arrive to your gate one hour earlier and stare at the wall the whole wait there. Soon, but not so soon, you were off. To whatever place made you feel comfortable.
(Sadly it wasn't in Ambers arms.)

Feeling sick of Paris, Amber tried to make up reasons for her to go to the airport three hours before her flight.
Once there, she uses what's left of her phone battery to scroll on Instagram.
To her surprise, you've unblocked her. And to her downfall, she looks on your profile.

The picture, "Paris feels like home" makes her stomach drop.

Posted three weeks ago. She was too late.

That's the thing though, both are you are always at the same place

but never at the same time.