Jay - The Princely Type

The Princely Type

Request for SidneyMapp

A/N: I actually really enjoyed writing this one.

"can I request a jay x reader one where it's a break up/make-up"

"I can't believe you're jealous of Chad Charming!"

You'd been down this road before, more times than you cared to recall. The fight always started and ended the same way, but repetition hadn't made you any fonder of the subject matter.

You had begun dating Jay back when you all lived on the Isle. You weren't part of Mal's gang, but you had spent enough time around them that you had gotten to know Jay very well, and your crush developed rather quickly. You were devastated when he and his friends were invited to Auradon – he had to leave you behind, much you his dismay. But you wanted him to have a better life, even if you weren't in it.

To say that you were ecstatic to receive your own invitation just a few months later would be a drastic understatement.

You joined your boyfriend in the land of pretty pink princesses, and your relationship picked up where it had left off. Only now, he had the means to buy you presents when he was feeling affectionate, rather than thrifting them from unsuspecting civilians. You would spend your nights playing video games and watching movies rather than running rampant through the streets of the Isle.

As much as you hated the way many Auradon students treated you and your friends simply because of your background, sometimes it was better than the other attention you received. Your (h/c) locks and sparkling (e/c) eyes had caught the attention of one Chad Charming, flirt extraordinaire. You weren't the least bit interested, as you had informed the blond on more than one occasion, along with the fact that you were perfectly happy with your boyfriend, Jay.

But Chad, being Chad, couldn't take a hint, and he continued to flirt shamelessly even if Jay was stationed right beside you.

"That's the problem!" Jay countered. "Charming!"

"How many times do I have to tell both of you that I don't like him? Why in the world would I be interested in that moron?"

"He's a prince, (y/n). He can offer you so much more than I can."

A frustrated sigh found its way out of your mouth. "I don't care what he is, Jay. I'm with you. I love you. Why would I still be with you if I wanted someone else?"

"Convenience!" Jay accused. "You didn't have a lot of options on the Isle."

You scoffed, jaw falling open as you staggered backward like you'd been slapped. "After all we've been through... All of the letters I sent you about how heartbroken I was that you had to leave... How excited I was when I came to Auradon to be with you... And you think I'm only with you out of convenience?"

"I..."

Jay didn't know what to believe. He didn't want to lose you, but he worried that the more Chad advanced, the further away you would pull.

"If you can't trust me..." Your voice was low, soft, as though all emotion had been drained from your being. "Then we can't be together anymore."

Realization hit Jay like a train. "Wait, no, (y/n)-"

All you could do was shake your head as you shuffled towards the door of his dorm. "I mean it, Jay. I watch girls flirt with you all day long, especially the cheerleaders, but it never bothers me because I know in my heart that you would choose me over them. But I guess you don't know that about me. So, this is goodbye."