Harry - First Mate

First Mate

Request for Abby457478

"Can I have an x reader Descendants harry hook"

A/N: I've had this idea in my head forever and now that I write Descendants I thought I'd put it to use.

"Uma's gone. Harry's the new captain. He's got a new first mate. What are Harry and crew going to do when Uma suddenly returns?"

The clinking of metal clashing against metal echoed through the air, sword blades hitting one another with every thrust. A feminine voice cried out a triumphant yell as she was once again victorious. Her opponent backed away with a groan, his hand resting atop the bleeding gash that the girl's sword had left on his cheek.

"Miss (Y/n)!" an excited voice called out, accompanied by the fast-paced thumping of booted feet running across wooden planks.

You let out a groan, dropping your sword and turning in direction of the voice. "What do you want, Gil? I'm training the newbies."

The blond boy was nearly jumping with excitement. "Uma's back!"

Your eyes widened and you nearly dropped your sword in surprise. Gritting your teeth, you thrust a hand out to grip the front of Gil's leather vest. "Uma's what?"

The boy gulped as your eyes glazed over with anger. He knew how short the fuse to your temper was. "I-I was out on patrol, you know, a-and I was in the alley behind Ursula's place when I saw her. At first I thought I was seeing things, you know, so I closed my eyes, but when I opened them again, she was still there staring at me."

You mumbled a string of curses, shoving Gil backwards as you released his vest. "This is bad, Gil."

The blond tilted his head. "How's it bad, (Y/n)?"

Your eyes narrowed as you looked at him. "Uma coming back will ruin everything! Everything I've worked for; everything we've accomplished! Harry will go back to being first mate - and Uma's little lap dog. And do you know where I'll be?"

Gil shook his head. "I'll be on my own," you growled. "Don't you like our system here, Gil?"

He nodded eagerly. "Of course I do. You're much nicer to me than Uma was."

"Then Harry can't know she's back," you told him, your voice low and quiet. There was an air of urgent secrecy in your voice that made the blond pay attention.

He nodded again. "How are we gonna keep him from finding out? What if he sees her?"

You chewed your lip in thought. "I'll keep an eye on him. You shadow Uma. Keep me posted on everything she does so I can make sure Harry doesn't cross her path."

Gil offered you a clumsy salute. "Aye aye, First Mate!"

Gil made a surprisingly decent shadow. A week had passed already, and every day the blond reported to you with new information. And he hadn't gotten caught.

Yet. With Gil, it was only a matter of time.

You stayed close to Harry. He didn't mind your company – you'd known each other for a long time. You'd just only recently been reunited because he'd chosen Uma over you, and the two of you hated each other. Once she was out of the picture, you had actually been the one to suggest Harry taking over as captain, rather than finding a new one. You insisted that he deserved it, and hey, he was the son of Captain Hook.

Your loyalty to him had earned you your rank as First Mate. That same loyalty was now causing guilt to bubble up in your belly. You'd never so much as lied to Harry, and now you were outright keeping secrets from him. Between your admiration for him as Captain and the crush you were harboring on him, the guilt was likely to eat you up until you broke down and told Harry what you knew.