Harry - Into the Woods

Into the Woods

Request for Shifter

A/N: I decided to set it in Auradon, because Red Riding Hood is technically the hero of her story, so her daughter wouldn't live on the Isle.

"Daughter of red riding hood, kind of dark and always sticks with the group. Likes wolves, ironically. She catches Harry’s eye because she’s never seen without the scarlet cape, and one day he follows her into the woods to find out why. Then you can just put some fluff and a kiss."

Harry sat at his usual lunch table beside Gil and Uma. He picked at the meat on his tray, still unaccustomed to eating meals that were full of flavor. Food on the Isle tasted like cardboard and mold, and though Harry was grateful for the chance of a better life, he wasn't used to the kindness or accommodation that permeated Auradon.

His ocean colored eyes scanned the cafeteria, sneering at the bright smiles and chipper attitudes that littered the room. A flash of deep scarlet caught his eye and his head snapped around to find the source - red was his favorite color, after all.

His gaze settled upon a (h/c) haired girl, her back turned to him as she sauntered out of the room. Behind her flowed a long, hooded, blood-red velvet cape. Harry couldn't look away as the mystery girl shuffled out of view, leaving him desperate to know all he could about her.

Tugging your cloak tighter around your body, you made your way outside. The wind had a slight chill, encouraging you to pull the thick hook over your head. Looking around to ensure that no one was paying you enough attention to try and stop you, you sauntered across the tourney field, heading towards the woods that lined Auradon Prep.

Your mother, the famous Red Riding Hood, had always warned you not to go into the woods alone, and never at night. You had heard the story of your mother and the big bad wolf so many times that you could recite it back to her, word for word.

Despite her fears and warnings, you'd been fascinated by wolves ever since you were little. You mused that it was because of your mother's rules and desperate attempts to keep you away from the wild canines that they took up so much space in your mind. How could you not be curious about them? They were all your mother talked about.

Early on into your high school years, you'd befriended a lone wolf that wandered the woods just outside the school grounds. Periodically throughout the day, when you didn't have class, you would sneak out to the woods, bringing food to the hound.

Your secluded trips outside were the only times you were seen alone. Otherwise, you were inseparable from the Core Four. You being an outcast, having a darker personality than the children of princes and princesses, caught their attention, and they quickly welcomed you into their group as though you'd grown up with them.

Harry knew better than to mention his attraction to you to Uma or Gil. Uma would scream his ear off for even looking in the Core Four's- well, Five's- direction, and Gil would forget it was a secret and accidentally let it slip around Uma. So Harry kept his fascination to himself, telling himself that he was absolutely not jealous of Mal and friends for spending so much time with you.

The wet grass squished beneath your boots as you sauntered outside, scarlet cape flowing gracefully behind you. In your hand was a basket of snacks you'd snagged from the cafeteria, both for yourself and your four legged friend.