Ben - You Stole My Heart

You Stole My Heart
Request for Lyra Tagline
A/N: I'm sorry if this isn't exactly what you wanted, but I've had this idea ever since I made my own OC the daughter of the Queen of Hearts. It's fluffy, I promise. It's also long and angsty and sooo much fun to write.
Also FUCK YEAH 2,003 WORDS.
"May I request? 😄
Y/n is the daughter of the Queen of Hearts, who is sent to Auradon with her best friend(s): Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay. Ben starts to notice her, and they decide to see how things will turn out. (Basically, everything that happened between Mal and Ben but with Y/n and Ben instead.)"

You blew out a breath as the limo slowed to a stop in front of Auradon Prep. Through the tinted window, you could see a flock of people in brightly colored clothes, excitement etched onto their faces as they waited for you and the others to exit the vehicle.
The door opened and a gloved hand was extended to assist you. You ignored it, stepping out of the car on your own. The five of you stepped up on the curb that lined the grassy courtyard, your unimpressed eyes scanning the goody-goodies whose faces all seemed to blend together.
"I'm Ben," a tall boy with short brown hair greeted. "Welcome to Auradon Prep."
You let out a snort as he stood before you. He was handsome, with the way his hazel green eyes  sparkled with excitement and his honey brown bangs swept to the side of his face.
You shook your head, clearing your thoughts. No. You are not attracted to a prince!
A tan brunette in a oink sweater stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Ben. "Prince Ben," she stated. "My boyfriend. I'm Audrey."
A smirk crossed your lips. As the daughter of the Queen of Hearts, you were known for stealing and breaking the hearts of any boy who tried to court you. You enjoyed your reputation, and that wasn't going to change just because you finally got off the Isle.
Once you were escorted inside, you were introduced to Doug. While he explained your schedules, you noticed Ben's gaze lingering on you, much to Audrey's frustration. You offered the prince a smirk before turning to your friends, wondering where your dorm was.
"Two students per dorm," Doug explained. "Mal and Evie have already been roomed together. (Y/n), the only person left without a roommate is Jane."
You exhaled a breath of relief. At least it wasn't Audrey.
"That's fine," you shrugged. Doug nodded, pleased by your acceptance, and pointed you down the correct hallway. You shuffled down beside Mal and Evie, eying each door until you saw your name on a plaque beneath Jane's. You bid your friends goodbye before turning the handle and slipping into the dorm room.
"Hey," you greeted the brunette nonchalantly. "I'm (Y/n). I guess we're roommates?"
Jane spun on her heel to look at you, freezing in place as her baby blue eyes widened in fear. You raised a brow, waving your hand in front of her face to try and entice some reaction.
"Cat got your tongue?" you teased, but she remained still. The way she was visibly shaking triggered realization in your brain. "I get it. You're afraid of me. With good reason, I'm sure."
Her brow furrowed as you spoke to her. She'd expected to already be cursed just for standing in your way.
You raised your hands defensively. "Look, I'm not gonna hurt you. I didn't pick you. You were the only person left with a vacancy."
She managed a frozen nod. You rolled your eyes and sauntered into the room, setting your bags down beside the empty bed. Auradon was going to be interesting.

Over the next few months, several boys were drawn to you. You played them all like lovesick fiddles. It was always one at a time, of course. You were many things, but you weren't a cheater. It was always the same - one boy would profess his attraction to you, you would agree to a date, and within a week, they would be completely infatuated with you. And then you would break it off and leave them pining for you.
The rest of the girls at Auradon hated you. Once a boy had you, he couldn't get over you.
And it was about time Prince Ben himself fell hard for the daughter of the Queen of Hearts.

You were outside, sitting on a bench in the courtyard, when the brunet approached you. You'd wanted a break from Jane's incessant questions about Carlos. You found her crush on him to be rather innocent and adorable, but you could only answer "Are you sure Carlos isn't seeing anyone?" so many times without ripping your hair out.
"Having some time to yourself?" a gentle voice called out. A smirk tugged at your lips as you lifted your head, turning to look at the honey haired prince.
"I was," you replied. "But I certainly wouldn't oppose your company."
He flashed you a toothy smile, sitting on the bench beside you. "How are you adjusting? I hear you have a lot of, uh, suitors."
A chuckle escaped your throat. "You could say that."
His brows furrowed and he glanced down at his lap. You couldn't help the amused smile that claimed your lips. You'd never seen the prince nervous before.
"I was wondering..." He exhaled a sigh before inhaling a deep breath, steeling himself and gazing into your eyes. "Would you want to go on a date with me?"
Your amused smirk morphed into a triumphant grin. "I'd love to."