Carlos - A Whole New World

A Whole New World

Request for Natasha Hearts

A/N: Major thanks to my wife The Silver Iris for the plot idea.

"May I suggest that Y/N is the daughter of Jasmine and Aladdin and she falls in love With Carlos (if so then into a smut if you do a second one)"

A/N: I realized as I was almost done that this is almost exactly like the two parter I did for Harry... Oops. Well, the second half won't be.

Part One

You sat towards the front of the classroom, as usual, scribbling away perfectly legible notes in your notebook. Your head was down as you focused intently on your work, answering the teacher's questions with ease. The seat beside you was empty - no one wanted to sit with the brainy girl.

"What a loser," Audrey scoffed behind you. "Always studying. No wonder she doesn't have any friends."

Her posse of stuck up girly girls giggled along with her, and you pretended you didn't hear. The giggles and whispers hurt, but you were used to them. Though you figured their jabs wouldn't sting quite as much if they weren't true.

You didn't have any friends. Your parents wanted you to get good grades, to make up for their lack of proper education. Though you did it for them, you enjoyed seeing your name at the top of the class roster, indicating that you had the highest grades. But your social life did suffer and eventually die out because of it. You hardly had any time for yourself, and what time you did have went to reading and studying. The friends you'd had in your middle school years had since left you, deciding that you were no fun.

You feigned disinterest when it was announced that teens from the Isle would be attending Auradon. You were fascinated, but they wouldn't have any more interest in you than your current classmates. They were villain kids - why would they befriend a bookworm?

You sat in your usual seat at the front of the class, reading your favorite book as you waited for the teacher to arrive. When the chair beside you shifted and someone plopped down onto it, your brow furrowed in surprise, and you turned your head to investigate.

There sat a boy about your age, with brown and platinum hair and the brightest brown eyes you'd ever seen. A shy smile settled on his plump lips as he slowly extended a hand to you. "Hi. I'm Carlos."

You stared at him for a solid minute before shaking yourself out of your trance and placing your hand in his. "I'm (Y/n)... Why are you sitting with me?"

He frowned, worried that he'd done something wrong. "You seemed nicer than the other people here."

"Thanks, I think. It's just... No one ever sits with me. They don't... like me..."

His eyes widened in surprise. "Why not?"

You shrugged, staring down at your lap. "I like to study, and read, instead of partying or gossip. I don't have any friends."

His face set in a determined expression. "Well, I want to be your friend."

You looked up at him in surprise again. "You do?"

He nodded, flashing you a toothy grin.

You smiled softly, getting out your notebook and pen as the teacher sauntered into the classroom.

A few months had passed, and no matter what people said, Carlos was still your friend. He still sat beside you in class and sought you out during lunch. He walked you to your dorm when school was done, and though you shot him down every time, he always asked if you wanted to hang out.

Months had passed and Carlos hadn't ditched you.

You wanted to spend time with him. Desperately. But your parents, the infamous Aladdin and Jasmine, were pushing you to get the best grades, and you couldn't risk your schoolwork slipping because you wanted to spend time with a boy.

A knock sounded on your door, and you rose from your desk to answer it. On the other side stood Carlos, that dorky grin that you were so attracted to on his lips.

"Hey, (Y/n)," he greeted. He held up a wicker basket with one hand. "Picnic?"

"It's ten o' clock at night," you informed him, glancing at the window behind you to see how dark it was.

"And?"

You exhaled a breathy laugh. "And it's past curfew. Where are we going to have a picnic?"

"Outside," he replied. "In the gazebo."

You shook your head. "Carlos... I can't. It's late and it's against the rules and I-"

"Have to study," he finished for you. "I know. But you're always studying, (Y/n). Can't you take a break, just once? I promise I'll help you study extra hard tomorrow if you do this with me."

You chewed your lip. You'd been wanting to spend time with him, and late at night where no one would see you was the perfect opportunity. Plus, then you'd get to study with him the next day, and you'd get extra time with the non villainous villain kid.

"Okay."

His chocolate brown eyes lit up like  Christmas tree. "Really?"

You giggled at his excitement. "Yes, really."

He beamed. "Grab your jacket. Let's go!"

You slipped on your favorite jacket and took his outstretched hand, following him down the dark hallway.

He turned, heading towards a dorm. You looked up at him with a furrowed brow.

"I thought we were going outside?"

He smiled, slipping into his dorm and pulling you behind him. "We are. But the front door has an alarm after nine. My window doesn't."

"Why didn't we just use my window?"

He unlocked and opened his window and screen, gesturing for you to climb out first. "My room is closer to the gazebo."

Gazing out of the window, you realized he was right. You would have had to cross the tourney field to get to the gazebo from your room, whereas his room was just a few feet away.

Glancing at him, you swung a leg out and crept out of the window. He followed, closing it behind him, basket in hand. 

His free hand reached for yours, and you smiled softly, lacing your fingers with his. Once in the gazebo, you sat down, watching him empty the contents of the basket. Drinks and snacks were laid out on the table before he sat beside you.

(1)

You leaned against his side, resting your head on his shoulder as you ate. He wrapped an arm around your shoulders, holding you close. You closed your eyes, eventually falling asleep in his arms until it was time to go back inside.

(1) I think I have a gazebo picnic problem. Fuck I use that a lot.