The Beginning

Claire's POV

"Claire, I'm leaving for work, I left you money to get dinner tonight and your dad and I will be home late so don't wait up. Love you." My mom said.

"Okay, love you too"

I hate when my parents work late because I'm always home alone unless I'm with friends. I guess I'm used to it though. I'm Claire and I'm a senior at Oakdale High School. Some people would say my life is perfect. I have everything I could ever ask for. But lately I've been feeling like something is missing. My life is so boring. It's the same thing everyday. I just wish something exciting would happen. My dad is a scientist, and my mom is a detective so they are barely ever home so I'm either by myself, with Chase, or Alyssa-Jane. I have been best friends with Lyssa since freshman year. We've never had an argument and she's the only one who knows absolutely everything about me. Chase and I have been together for two years and I couldn't be happier. He's the definition of a perfect boyfriend.

It's the end of July, and school starts in a couple of days. Alyssa and I are going shopping for school clothes tomorrow. Tonight Chase is coming over for a movie night. He should be here soon. Speaking of the devil his car pulls in my drive way. I opened the door, and he kissed me before sitting on my couch. We decided to watch The Purge Anarchy. I was not scared of these types of movies, but Chase was a sucker for them. He jumped more than an average 18 year old boy should. When the movie was almost over I felt my eyelids slowly closing. Chase nudged me to tell me he was leaving. He offered to take me up to my room, but I was already comfortable. He kissed me goodbye and told me to call him tomorrow morning, and I nodded slowly before drifting back to sleep.

* The Next Morning *

I awoke to my phone buzzing. I had 5 unread messages all from Alyssa except for one which was from Chase.

"Wake up!"

"Clairey wake up right now I'll be over in an hour to go shopping so you better be ready"

"Claire freaking Davis if you do not answer me right now I'll pour cold water on you when I get there!!"

"That's it, you're getting it! Be there soon skank"

They all made me laugh. Especially her last one. I smiled at Chase's "Goodmorning babe" text.

I got up and decided to take a shower before Alyssa got here. As soon, as I was ready I fixed my make-up and then Alyssa burst through my door.

"Oh good, you're up. I thought I was going to have to murder you!"

I laughed, "you love me too much to do that."

We decided to head to the mall to get our nails done and shop for school clothes.

I drove because my car is better than Alyssa's piece of shit her parents bought. On the way there we listened to 104.5 and our favorite song, "Buckwild" was on. I'm not a fan of rap, but let me tell you, Taylor Caniff can get it any day.

"WE GON PARTY BUCKWILD, LOOK AT SHAWTY BUCKWILD"

"TAKE A SHOT POUR IT UP"

"YEAH YEAH WE BUCKWILD"

"WE BE TURNT LIKE ALL OF THE TIME, BUCKWILD"

"EVERYNIGHT, GETTIN ALL THESE CHICKS CALLIN MY LINE, BUCKWILD, EVERYNIGHT"

We yelled the song out to each other while getting strange looks from the cars beside us. We finally pulled into the mall parking lot.

Alyssa said she wanted to go to Forever 21 first so we headed that way.

As we were walking, we saw a group of five guys walking behind us. I felt like they were staring but I was too scared to look. When I finally got the balls to turn around they were gone. I didn't think anything about it so I just kept walking.

As soon as I turned around, there they were, sitting on a bench beside Hollister. I looked over at them but none of the guys seemed to be paying attention to me, well except one of them. The curly headed one. His green eyes are almost impossible to not stare at. Wait, why is he staring at me? And why is he smirking at me like that? I feel really uncomfortable but I can't seem to look away.

Lyssa then pulls me into the store and started handing me clothes to try on, but I couldn't concentrate. The only thing on my mind was a certain curly haired boy with piercing green eyes. Who is he? Why was he staring at me? I didn't know, but I'll be damned if I don't find out.