Chapter Nineteen

Tsunade found herself to be a bit tipsy from the hidden sake she kept. It wasn't until a clearing of someone's throat snapped her awake from the long awaited slumber.

"Hokage-sama, we are here to brief the mission." Tsunade nodded lazy at them, not particularly listening too much.

"Orochimaru's hideout had been compromised by the time we arrived in the Sound Village. We located him a couple months later at the rain village. Kabuto met us there-" The sound of Shisui's monotone voice was not helping her at all. She was tired of all this mess.

"What should we do, Hokage-sama?" Her focus snapped back at the two Uchihas. Itachi noticed she had been spacing off.

"Er-"

"To summarize, Orochimaru is planning to use Sakura for her strength.." Tsunade's fists slammed onto the table, breaking it in half as she flared.

"You two will stay with her at all times. She is not to be left alone." The two Uchihas nodded in agreement.

"You love her, don't you, Itachi?" Shisui asked his little cousin as they walked home. It didn't go unnoticed when Itachi's eyes widened for a split second. Returning to his normal facade, Itachi remained quiet.

Two weeks after returning to the village, Sakura was released from the hospital. She regained most of her memories of the two Uchihas after a few days. Though she could not remember their private and intimate memories, Itachi was glad to have her back.

"Neh, Itachi?" Emerald eyes shimmered below him, a pinkette on her tippy-toes stood before him.

"Hn."

"Everything ok? You seemed to be spaced out." Sakura grabbed his wrists and began to tug it. "C'mon, let's go relax! It's been hectic lately and we haven't hung out in a while!" Itachi allowed the girl to guide him and was very surprised to see where she had taken him.

"Saku-" Her slender finger pressed against his lips.

"For some reason, I kept dreaming about this place, so I wanted to come see it." Sakura smiled brightly at the ravenette, sending a wave of nostalgia throughout his body. It hurt him that she forgot about their times together. Turning away from him, she began to walk towards the lake.

"Itachi." Her voice called to him, in a hushed yet soft whisper. He didn't know what to do. Should he join Sakura or sit on the branch? Again, Sakura's delicate voice carried through with the wind. His body began to move on its own, towards the pinkette who seemed to be staring at the stars.

"Sakura." Her body shivered at the husky voice. She could feel his warm breaths on the back of her neck. She shut her eyes tightly only to open it in surprise when his arms began to wrap around her waist.

"I-Itac-"

"I missed you." Her eyes widened. Memories of them flushed through her head.

"I missed you too." Flipping towards him, she hugged him tightly with tears in her eyes. He could feel her body warmth transfer to him and for the first time since he left Konoha, they felt at as if they were where they belong. Sakura found his heart beat to be soothing, almost like a lullabye. They now sat inches apart on the grassy hills.

Itachi smiled gently as he gazed at the pinkette. Even though they had stopped hugging, warmth still flooded through him. Unbeknownst to the ravenette, Sakura was feeling the same way. She smiled brightly at him.

"Sakura, there is something I must confess." Itachi announced. He sat upwards.

"Hm? What is it?" Sakura copied his movements.

"I'm in love with you." Emerald eyes widened at his confession. He could feel the adrenaline course through his body, his bloody pumping furiously as he waited for her response.

"I-Itachi, I-I'm in love with you too." Their lips met each other to their surprise. They hadn't realized they had been closing the gap between them. Neither said a word until they decided it was time to head home.

"So, what did you two do today?" Mikoto asked from the kitchen. She had noticed the haunting aura shared between the two had disappeared.

"Nothing much." They both muttered. Mikoto smiled at them. Sakura was the first to head to her room.

Seems like you have a habit for Uchihas
Shut it Inner
I'm only teasing you
What will happen to us now?
There's no time to relax, Orochimaru has made his move
What do you mean?
Ask Itachi
Alright

Sakura was about to knock on Itachi's door until she heard his voice.

"Sakura? What are you doing here?"

"Itachi, I have something to ask you." Itachi nodded, signalling her into his room.

"Something wrong?"

"What's the status on Orochimaru?" Itachi froze for a moment before sighing.

"Orochimaru has been trying to get closer. His target is you, Sakura."

"What's happened so far?"

"From what I've last heard, he's moved his base. His locations are unknown." Itachi felt horrible for lying to her, but it was the only way he could keep her safe. He had just gotten her back and he would not lose her again.

"Is that all?" Itachi nodded stiffly before poking her forehead.

"Why are you so curious?"

"I-I was wondering why Tsunade had you two both leave the village all of the sudden." She couldn't let him know about her inner. He might think she was crazy.

"Would you like to stay with me tonight?" Sakura's head perked up, a blush rushing to her face.

"Nani?"

"You don't have to."

"Um, is it ok?" Itachi nodded, unfolding the covers next to him. She slipped underneath the blanket, facing the wall. Itachi chuckled at the pinkette's nervousness.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything," he whispered in her ear, "not unless if you want me to." Sakura buried her head into the pillow in embarassment.