Coming Out

Chapter 7: Coming out

When Harry had gone to Care of Magical Creatures, Hagrid had not looked at him. But Malfoy had given him sympathetic looks. In Charms the Hufflepuffs made fun of him, even though all them are...particularly good finders... He didn’t go to lunch, but somehow still managed to get picked on. And believe it or not, Potions was the best class he had all day.

“Today we will be making a fire protection potion. I will assign your partners. Seamus Finnegan with Blaise Zabini, Ronald Weasley with Privati Patil, Lavender Brown with Neville Longbottom, Hermione Granger with Vincent Crabbe, Millicent Bulstrode with Dean Thomas, Pansy Parkinson with Gregory Goyle, and Draco Malfoy with Harry Potter.” Snape was hoping to get a rise out of Potter, but didn’t. The students got up and moved to sit beside their partners.

Harry was pleased to get to work with Draco. He sat down beside him and sighed.

“Are you okay, Harry?” Draco asked as he dumped dragons’ blood in the cauldron.    

Harry started to measure the water, “Not really.”

“Well, it should get better.”

“How so?” Harry poured the water in with the dragons’ blood and began to chop up a root. Draco added shredded leaves after Harry dropped the roots in and let the potion boil.

“They will eventually get bored and make fun of something else.”

“When though? It’s as if they can’t find anything better to talk about than my love li-“

Snape walked over and interrupted him, “There is no need to sit here and bore Mr. Malfoy with your love life, Mr. Potter. I read the paper and I feel dreadfully sorry for the poor boy that has to be dating you.”

Draco hated how he was talking to Harry. He stood up at looked at Snape and said as calmly as he could, “I didn’t know you felt sorry for me, Professor Snape, seeing as though I’m the one who’s dating Harry.”

“What are you talking about?” Snape asked his godson.

Draco took a step forward, “You said you felt sorry for whoever was dating Harry,” He smirked, “And I happen to be the one who’s dating him” He turned back to Harry and leaned down so his lips could meet his lovers’.  Draco slipped his tongue into Harry’s mouth and explored. Harry stood up to give the Slytherin more entrance. Harry wrapped his arms around Draco’s neck and Draco had his around the Gryffindor’s waist. They kissed passionately for minutes until the remembered that they weren’t alone.

They broke apart gasping for breath and glancing around. Everyone except Blaise and Hermione looked shocked.

Snape gaped at them, “V-very well.” He walked back to his desk.

Draco turned to Harry, “That’s how it got better.” He smiled.

Harry returned the smile and hugged him. When broke, they sat down and finished their potion, the class still silent with shock.

Harry and Draco walked into the great hall holding hands. Draco walked Harry to his table and then walked to his own.

“I can’t believe you’re dating Malfoy,” Ron said as he ate his dinner, “Why the hell didn’t you tell me?”

“Draco didn’t want anyone to tell his father,” Harry replied, “And while we’re talking about secrets, I know you and Hermione have been dating since before my birthday.”