"Master.." Riley's soft voice rang in my ears, dragging me out of the past and back to the present. When I opened my eyes, both her and Harley were starring at me like I wasn't myself.

"You guys know you don't have to were those outfits or bows. It's demeaning." I said, getting up and walking towards them. They both looked shocked to hear that, especially from someone in the royal family. Spinning them both around, I took off the bows that made them pets and burned them in my grasp.

"Mast-" Harley began but I cut her off.

"And don't call me master. Though I love it, it's not my name. Just call me Rox, like old times, yeah?" They both smile their million dollar smiles before nodding and heading for my door, their feelings of joy warmed my heart, almost making it beat again.

Almost.

The clearing of a throat stopped them in their tracks, making me turn and look at my door. There, leaning against my door frame is none other than the man that claims to be my father. Anger infiltratedmy senses, altering my happy mood.

"It's grand that you've become rather comfy, but you and I have business, so get dressed and come with me." He turned to leave but hesitated. "Oh and Riley, Harley, leave her be. You all can reminisce later."

Their faces held no emotion as the bowed to their king before shuffling out of my room, leaving me alone. Again. I still had no clothes and half of me wanted to walk out in my birthday suit but something told me that would cause a lot of unnecessary attention.

There was a light tap on my door before Riley popped her blonde head around it. "You have clothes in your cloest, Mas- er Rox" And with that she left again.

I moseyed over to the walk-in closet, searching for casual clothes. I threw on black lace underwear, a bra to match, and settled with dark black, leather skinnys and a fitted white v-neck. I put on a silver cross necklace and headed for the door. Before leaving, I checked the time, nodding. My black combat boots were waiting at the door, along with my black leather jacket, so I threw them on and headed off to meet my Distant father.

Guards surrounded me, protecting me from whatever threats they assumed I had. I really didn't need the protection but they refused to leave me side, afraid that I'd escape again.

"They are pretty smart." Xena stated, smiling at how well they knew us.

People bowed, cried, smiled, frowned, anything really but I just wished that they'd stop. I wasn't the same kid that lived here all those years ago. I wasn't the princess they wanted nor was I their savior. I wasn't the killer that was out for blood or the kid with a dying mother anymore. I was just me. A woman who wanted out of this piece of shit world. Was that too much?

We entered a blood red room, adorned with black rugs, tables, seats, etc., looking for the bald man claiming to be my father. Finally, stopping in the center of the room, we found the King seated in this throne of bones. They all bowed, showing their respects, but I just stood, waiting for him to speak and get this over with.

"Still a repulsive young lady I see." He grumbled, glaring at me.

"Still a narcissistic asshole I see." I retorted, mimicking his tone.

Clenching his jaw, he exhaled away all his anger, still eyeing me. I returned his glare, showing no emotion whatsoever, pissing him off even more.

"Rexus, dear, you cannot get mad with our jewel!" Her voice attacked my ears, rupturing my ear drum. I rolled eyes in annoyance from her presence.

She walked up to me, trying to take my chin in her hands, only to get them swatted away. Her smiling face turned into a scowl as she backed away and over to the King she went. Her platinum blonde hair hung loosely around her shoulders and she was dressed in complete black. Tight black pencil skirt. Black polo that hugged her a little too well, leaving the first two buttons undone, showing major cleavage. Black high heeled boots to top off everything. Her purple orbs eyed me with the same amount of distaste as my 'father' had.

They stared at me, figuring out what made me relax before their dangerous gazes, not saying a word. I was getting impatient and annoyed. If they wanted to talk then say something, if not then don't waste my time on any of this shit.

"You're welcome to come back home Roxanne. Your mother a--"

I held my hand up, not wanting to hear any of his bullshit.

"That woman, there, is not and never will be my mother. My mother died, along with everything that made this place bearable, long ago. I'm not welcome back, you just need a suitable heir to your throne. Did you think I'd come back happy that 'daddy' actually forgave and wanted me home? Don't kid yourself. So whatever it is that you have planned, my answer is no. Now can I go?" I kept my anger at bay, showing no emotion through the whole rant.

Rexus was the deepest shade of red that I had ever seen, shaking from unreleased anger. Sonia, his queen, was doing her best to calm his nerves. Her eyes were full of worry and sadness, hoping that he wouldn't let his anger out on her.

His once blue eyes blazed to life, taking the color of a crimson red. His tan skin morphed to pale and his canines extended, protruding his mouth.

"HOW DARE YOU REFUSE YOUR KING'S REQUEST?! WHAT GIVES YOU THE POWER TO DO SO?!" He roared, inching closer to my calm body.

"You are not my 'king' anymore, guy. Remember? I was exiled for crimes against my kingdom."

His anger flares when I refer to him as guy, causing his body to scale over, leaving him in the second stage of transformation.

"Oh, you thought I forgot what you did to your own mother? In your dreams, swine. You will become Queen wether you like it or not or she will come back, bringng with her the pain and hatred of all those you killed." His smug smile made me want to kill him where he stood. I wanted to erase his existence from this room and everyone's memories. I wanted to see his face, twisted in pain and begging, no, crying for my forgiveness.

How dare he threaten me with my own mother?! He had no authority over her sleeping body. What a worthless--

"Did I hit a nerve, I think so. What are you gonna do? Runaway again, after killing half your family of course. I guess old habits do die hard. Go ahead, run. We'll find you again. Live while you can because your--"

"Rexus, that's enought!" A familiar voice broke his rant, placing him in a catatonic state. Everyone looked in her direction, smiling at her presence. I was stuck shooting daggers through Rexus' skull, not even noticing her hand on my shoulder until the last minute.

My head snapped in her direction and I instantly felt horrible. Tears poured out of my eyes, dancing down my cheeks. God, she smelled just like my mother. Her warm eyes made me cry more.

"It's okay, baby. Momma's here"