Chp. 7

Ashley's P.O.V. (Minnesota, U.S.)

School was almost over and I was stuck in home room with nothing to do. I got caught up on all the homework that I missed. I apologized to all my new teachers and they all responded the same way: "This isn't a good way to start off your High school career, Ashley."

It's not like it was my fault, but what could I tell them? That I was tortured and hauled off into another realm to be protected? Ha yeah, they'd love to hear that. My parents are already on edge and if they heard that we'd have to move again. A fresh start to cover up all my mistakes.

I sighed and raked my fingers through my curly hair, thinking of all that Sapphire had explained to me. She quickly took a liking to me, always saying things about me being the one that Roxy needed. I didn't know what she meant but I always smiled and pretended to understand her.

She explained to me why I was tortured and why Roxy does the horrible things that she does. Samantha was there for Roxy when she thought the world was against her. She brought Rox from her darkness, but along the way she herself fell victim to the evils of this world.

She was, and still is, a great angel but she offers side jobs to people who are merciless. Roxy. She makes it a habit to find weak people so that they will owe her something in the future. It's sad and twisted. Sapphire promised that she, and her friends, would protect me in her realm and my own. She taught me how to summon a portal to Zelda's realm from mine and vise versa.

Ever since then, a lot of Roxy's friends have been around me. Some of them have approached me and we got along. Others just watch from afar, making sure that I'm okay. Either way, I'm incredibly grateful. Samantha doesn't bother me anymore either. We make eye contact occasionally but Emily or Ethan always find me and pull me in another direction or walk passed her with an arm locked around me.

The bell rings, dismissing me from my thoughts and class. People cheered and hollered at the release but I just silently made my way to my locker, avoiding as many people as possible. When I reach my locker, Victoria and Emily were there waiting for me.

They always looked so happy together, like nothing could break them apart. I always smiled when I saw them, I'm not sure why though. It just always made me think of Roxy and how I wanted that relationship with her.

I shook my curly, brown hair, forgetting those thoughts. Roxy wouldn't want me, I was just a charity case to her. She helped me because she had to, not because she cared about me. I have to stop lying to myself. Besides she's graduating this year and I've just started, why would she want me?

"You know you love her. You may have convinced yourself, but I know how we feel about her." Zola, my inner dragon, chimed and I knew she was right. Who was I kidding? I'm head over heels for Rox. Her perfectly tanned skin made her long black hair all the more perfect. Not to mention, her metallic grey eyes are just so captivating, every time I looked into them I got lost. The way she cradled me in her strong yet welcoming arms when I was near death was amazing. I should have been terrified but just having her so close made me hot. I would love to be held like --

"HEY ASH!" Emily shouted in my ear, making my heart stop and body jump. She just laughed at my shocked expression. "Finally we got your attention, you went space cadet for about 10 minutes. What where you thinking about?"

My face burned bright red "N-nothing, Em. Jeez you nearly have me a heart attack!" I continued opening my locker grabbing all of the things I need for home, praying that she wouldn't press further.

To my pleasure, she didn't and we made our way towards her car. We threw our crap in the trunk and I sat in the back of the car, waiting for the two love birds to get in.

Em started the car and pulled out of the the parking space, careful of ignorant students. After 10 agonizing minutes of waiting and shouting, we finally made it out of the school parking lot and towards my house.

The whole ride there, they spoke about their anniversary plans and all that I could think about was Roxy. It had been four days since I last saw her. Four painful days had gone by and I had no idea if she was alright. She was in my mind every second of every hour and I was dying to know if she was alive.

"Where's Roxy?" I asked, keeping my gaze trained out the window. They both got quiet and Vicky looked at me with sorry eyes.

"We aren't too sure ourselves." Emily admitted after an eternity of silence.

My heart sank a little, knowing that not even her good friend had a clue as to where she was. Tears pricked the back of my eyes and I blinked several times, refusing for them to fall.

I wanted to see her so damn bad, the pain was unbearable.

"It'll be okay Ash. Well find her, okay?" Zola cooed, relaxing my nerves. I knew she hurt just as much as I did so I couldn't be weak. I had to stay strong for her, for us.

The rest of the ride to my house was silent. Emily and Vicky didn't know what to tell me. They could have said that it would be alright, but they didn't and that's what scared me the most. Was she in danger? I wanted, no I needed these answers. And there was only one person who knew exactly where she was.

I got out of my car with a soft 'goodbye' and moseyed off to my door. Before I could even take my key out, my door swung open and my mothers smile welcomed me home.

Ever since the incident they have both been on high alright and they talk with Emily and all them all the time. They constantly want to know where I'm at or what I'm doing and it's nerve wrecking.

No matter how many times I told them I was okay, they never believed me. Also, whenever I brought up Roxy they would always brush her aside and avoid speaking of her which pissed me off. I mean she saved my life, the least they could do is acknowledge her, right?

My father engulfed me in a bear hug and lifted me off my feet. I laughed and playfully beat on his chest, demanding he out me down. Both parents laughed and finally I was set free.

They asked the normal 'how was school' and 'what did you learn' and I answered them the same as always. After their questioning was over, I scurried up to my room and shut and locked my door. My phone was in my hand and ringing before I even realized that I had dialed her number.

"Hello?" her annoying voice chimed.

"We need to talk" I said in a deadly tone.

"Well if it isn't my little toy, what is that you want, dear?"

"I need you to tell me where Roxy is."