Chp. 17

(Mors Regnum)

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I got lazy. That's the only reasonable explanation. I got fucking lazy and because of that I got caught. All of those years of running and hiding just to end up in my own nightmare. Again.

This is my punishment for getting too caught up in myself. I ignored all the signs that they had entered Earth and caught scent of me. Dammit!

"Calm down Rox! We can't do anything right now. Punishing yourself won't get us out of here any quicker." Xena spat, stopping my pacing.

Raking my fingers through my hair, I took a seat on my bed, thinking about possible escape routes. If they were smart, the route I took last time is most likely sealed, so I'll have to check around the place for a suitable location.

Standing, I walked over to my old dresser, checking if my old stereo still worked and to my surprise, it did. Paramore blared through the speakers, quickly filling the quiet room. I hopped in the shower, singing Emergency, and scrubbing away the blood that had dried on my skin. After washing till my skin blazed red, I got out, remembering that I had no clothes. It had been centuries since I was home, so there was no way that I'd have suitable clothing.

Leaving the bath room, I was surprised by two familiar faces. Riley and Harley. My old maids. I didn't even have time to brace myself for the hug that they devoured me in. Harley held my face in her chest, suffocating me. Riley was hugging me from behind, drawing out my last breath.

Now in any other situation I would have been in heaven, but seeing as though I was dying, I had no time to fantasize. I grunted in pain, signaling for them to let go and thankfully they did.

"Where have you been, Master?" They spoke in unison, heavy Australian accents accompanying their words. God how I have missed them.

Their neon green eyes shined incredibly bright, begging for an answer. They wore black, tight mini-skirts with black fishnets and black button up shirts. White bows, that had my name embroidered on them, clung to their necks, indicating that they belonged to me. Their toned and tanned legs popped out of the fishnets that were begging to be ripped off, might I add.

My eyes trailed back up to their blushing faces and I chuckled a bit.

"Well, if you lovelies forgot, I was banished from here because of my... Incident." The last part left a disgusting taste in my mouth. I hated thinking about my past. A past that I never could escape.

Bowing their heads, "We're sorry for our ignorance, Master. We didn't mean to invoke unwanted memories."

Sighing, I sauntered to my bed, sitting down on my cloud like blankets. Closing my eyes, memories of the dreadful night replayed behind my eyelids. I was only four, for Christ sake. I wasn't supposed to shift, Xena shouldn't have even been awaken yet but I was so mad. He hit her. The mistake of a man hit my mother and I wanted to hurt him so badly; to make him feel the pain she felt but when I tried to help he just threw me off. Like I was nothing. The pain that tore through my body numbed my senses. Blood clouded my vision, leaving enough visibility to see my mothers panicked and helpless face.

Then the unforgettable shaking started. The blood that blinded me was only a minor problem at this point. My bones began to break and the pain, oh the pain, made me want to die instantly. My mother, with what little strength she had left staggered over to me, cradling me in her arms, begging that I calm down but the pain only intensified. Every muscle in my body was shredded out of existence, every nerve was sent into overdrive, multiplying the pain ten fold. The last thing I remember was my mothers warm eyes staring into mine.