Chp. 6

(Alberta, Canada)

"Captured? Why?" Confusion written all over my face.

"I'm in a bit of a pickle and you are kind of my payment to them! Don't worry, I've it all planned out." Samantha says nonchalantly, as if my life is a game.

"What the hell do you mean "I've got this all planned out'?" I questioned in a mimicking tone. "Why don't you get fucking caught?"

"Well that's simple. They'll kill me, dear."

"Oh and I'm supposed to risk my life for yours?"

"Yes. I mean if you want out of your debt then you'll do it." She says with a smug look on her face.

I'm going to kill her. As soon as I get back, the bitch is dead. Anger consumed me and I could feel myself starting to shake. Xena was begging to transform and it took every ounce of my being to control her. I took my hands and ran them through my tousled hair "When am I to leave?" My eyes bore into her and she jumped a little.

"Now would be great. They are waiting for 'me' in the Roman colosseum. Take this bag with you, it's extra payment to them." She states, her eyes gleam with pleasure.

"Is this all?" I ask in a bored tone, already expanding my wings.

"Please make it look believable. Vampires tends to get a little angry when they are being played." She makes a hand motion showing how 'little' their anger can be.

She mumbled something else but I was already up in the sky, dashing towards my own capture.

(Rome, Italy)

After a few hours of flying, I finally made it to Rome. It's was considerably late, maybe 11, so the streets were barren. My feet took action before my brain and led me through the brick streets and towards the great arena.

I waltzed right in, knowing that it was too easy, and waited in the center of the arena. I felt them watching me from dark corners but none of them approached me. For the hell of it, I picked up a stone and chucked it towards one of the hidden vampires. The howl of pain gave me more than enough joy but I guess they thought other wise.

50 men circled around me, hissing and growling with anger and disgust. Their violet and crimson eyes stared at me menacingly but I felt no fear. All of their feelings of hatred and malice only gave me strength. They wanted me dead and when I showed no implication of fear, anger devoured all other emotions and they all crept towards me in unison.

"Where is she?" A voice bellowed from above. Two set of bright blue eyes peered down at me. I looked up at them and dropped the bag that was slung over my shoulder. My lazy stance got lazier and I scratched the back of my head.

"That's a late gift. She hopes you'll enjoy it." I turned and with a snap of my fingers, the crowd parted and made a clear path for me. The men who were forced to move out of my way, looked terrified. They wanted to stop moving but could disobey me. Their feet moved at my command and against their will.

The women at the top of the colosseum were shouting and growing frustrated at the men, even their deadly threats couldn't help them.

"You do understand that we must get caught, right?" Xena reminded.

'Fuck.'

I released them from their trances and willed them to attack me. My wrist bands, on either wrist, transformed into a scythe and a small dagger. They were all hesitant to attack, still shocked from being control so easily. I took a deadly step towards a man examining his hands, before he could acknowledge me, I cut off his head.

Blood erupted from his severed neck and splattered everywhere. His death seemed to kick start their hatred for me and they all dashed for me at blinding speed. Had I been anyone else I would have died instantly, they would have gotten and snapped my neck like a twig.

Punches and kicks flew towards me and I effortlessly dodged or reflected them. Often, they left themselves open so I stabbed or kicked them, sending them back in a wave of pain. With a clean sweep of my scythe, I cleared space away from the temperamental idiots and took a handful down in the process.

They were drained of any energy they had and panted furiously. I, on the other hand, hadn't broken a sweat.

"Dammit, Rox. Get fucking captured!" Xena roared in my head, catching me off guard. A few vamps saw this as an opening and sprinted in my direction. One swept me off my feet while the other two landed devastating blows to my chest, knocking the wind out of me. My back connected with the ground and a crater formed from the impact.

Several of my back bones were cracked and broken, three ribs had broken and punctured my lungs. Just as I was about to get up, Xena took control and let them approach us. She groaned in feign pain. The bitch that howled orders to the men came and stomped on my chest, breaking another rib.

Xena was a great actor, because the howl of pain that escaped her throat made me actually believe we were hurt. The brunette laughed and motioned for two men to get us.

"We are going to have our fun with you, child." The grin that accompanied those words made Xena chuckle and spit blood in her face. With a wave of new found rage, the brunette bashed her fist into our face, 'knocking' us out instantly.

Our eyes were closed and we decided that sleeping was the best thing to do.

"Great job, X. You really got 'em!" I said enthusiastically, hoping to improve the mood.

"Somebody had to do it." she glared at me coldly before cutting off our connection.

After several comfortable hours of rest, my body had fully healed and I was sitting in a dark, windowless cell. It reeked of death and mold and I wrinkled my nose in disgust. Pretty rude of them to put me in this shitty cell. I mean I took out more than half of their little 'army'. I think I deserve a queen suite or something, yeah?

Shaking the thoughts out of my mind, I look around the darkness. My eyes quickly adjust to the dark and I could clearly see the bed, made of stone, the wardrobe, filled with cobwebs, and and two doors, one leading to freedom and the other to a shitty bathroom.

Lifting my back from the floor, I sat with my knees to my chest, content in the silence. There was an occasional scuffle of feet moving across the floor but that was all.

"Hey, X? Are you still upset with me?" I closed my eyes, so that she was all that I saw.

"Yes, dammit, Rox! You always get us in this shit, but when the job comes you get carried away! If you want our freedom, start acting like it!" Anger and pain clung to each word and I felt horrible. I didn't want her angry with me. This may sound sad, but she's my best friend.

"It's not sad. I hurt when you hurt as well. I'm just saying that we have to work together better, rather than fighting for dominance every time a decision has to be made." Her tone was more apologetic and that made my heart swell. She was directly in front of me, looking me over. She looked gorgeous. I used to be afraid of her, but now I know that she does all that she can to protect us from me.

"Okay, baby." I cooed, throwing in a wink for extra measure. She grunted 'unbelievable' and turned away from me. Leaving me alone in foreign territory.

Fuck me.