Chapter 27

On the screen played all of Rania's moments she didn't want to share with anyone.

Her dance in the Annual school function, her dancing in all the other competitions.

And then there was Varun, her best friend who she didn't want anyone to know about.

Suddenly the scene changed and it showed Rania dressed in Indian attire - a lehenga, her hands painted in henna and she looked so happy.

' I can't believe I'm getting engaged Ria' she said.

' you are my dearest, you deserve all the happiness in life.' her friend replied.

Then a boy entered and he looked at her.

' stop staring Varun' she said.

' you're beautiful and mine, why shouldn't I'. He said coming closer.

Her friend left.

He bend on his knees and took both of her hands in his and said 'i got the call today, they want me to come there tomorrow as soon as possible'.

She looked at him and said ' then go ,this is it, your dreams are coming true and I couldn't be more happier than this'.

' we are getting engaged today'.

She got up from her place.

' listen we were only getting engaged because everyone suggested it and I'm glad you told me right now, we are friends before we can be anything else and I know it's your dream to go to London to study music'.

She paused and began again' you will go and fulfill your dreams'.

He embraced her' you have such a big heart Rania, how do you do that? Come with me'.

She hugged him tightly' you know I can't go to the place'.

'I love' he began.

But she stopped him mid-way ' don't make this difficult I only agreed because my aunt wanted me too I love you as a friend loves a friend and you too feel the same way'. And broke the embrace.

' No, you stop being this unemotional Rania, you become so cold sometimes, you can feel you know, don't be rigid, I know you don't feel for me that way, but when you do for someone else, don't take it otherwise, I love you as my best friend and always will'.

He kissed her cheeks and said ' I know are going to cry when I leave, but remember you are the most amazing girl I've ever met'.

The projector stopped, everyone looked at her, she was stunned, she didn't how all of this was recorded at that time.

Sean was looking at her again and than at her father.

He saw him leaving the hall he went after him.

' You are such a vile man Mr Conwell, you didn't even spare your own daughter'.

' I'm sorry what are you suggesting?'. He asked.

' what was the motive to show all the in the party?'.

' I didn't know all that was one the video, Elena had taken the responsibility for all that'.

' Seriously Mr Conwell, you expect me to believe that'.

Sean moved forward and when he looked at him, he looked sincere.

He knew that Mr Conwell was intelligent and this looked like a lame move coming from him, he obviously was planning something else.

He walked off and he couldn't locate Rania anywhere.

He went outside and searched for her and she was in the garden, it was dark, but her silver dress sparkled.

She was standing.

He went towards her and stood.

She was trying to fight tears and her jaw was clenched.

She turned to leave when the sudden move jerked her ankle in a wrong way and she cried in pain.

He caught her in that instance.

Silence dominated the whole ride home and she didn't even complain when he helped her get to their room.

She somehow managed to change and sat near the window, ignoring the pain in her ankle, he came into the room and saw her sitting.

He sat there on her side and saw tears falling from her eyes.

She cried and he sat there quietly.

' get up, go to sleep' he said after she had cried enough.

She tried to get up, hissing in pain, he helped her by putting his hand on her waist.

' thank you Mr Knightley'. She said as she reached her sofa.

He nodded.

This was the first time she had thanked him and accepted his help.

She may be vulnerable,but she was a strong woman.

He went to his bed and turned to sleep and was again blatantly staring at her.

You surprise me miss Conwell, you are so strong and tomorrow morning you will be free to go.

But in the Conwell household, Mr Conwell was in a foul mood, in the party he was going to corner Rania and convince her to sign the papers which would revert back his shares to him ,but his other daughter had ruined it all.

And, now he had one option.

He picked up his phone,and dialled a number.

After a few rings the call was received.

' Meera my dearest ex- wife, how you've been doing , I wanted to talk to you about our daughter'.

Morning came and Sean woke up ,he saw Rania come out of the shower,her hair all wet and she was drying it with a towel.

She went towards the table and slowly opened the drawer as to not wake him up and took her bracelet and ring out and wore it.

She sat on the sofa and looked at the ring and bracelet.

She was in deep thoughts, he got up from bed and went into the bathroom and smiled.

Downstairs Mrs Knightley had just received a call Rania's mom and she was arriving in London the day after tomorrow.

A/N

I'm on a spree I guess.

What do you think Rania's mom going to do after she comes to London?

Does Mrs Knightley know her mom from before?

Are both Sean and Rania feeling something for the other?

Read , vote and comment.

Your budding writer,
hhmmrr.