Chapter 5

Rania was getting dressed hastily,it was the engagement day of her step-sister.Although she didn't feel any sort of sisterly connection with her,she still had to go to this party,she had come to India for this specific purpose.
She was dressed in an Indian attire,her hair was made into a side bun,minimal make up of some kajal, blush,and as she was going to apply her light  colour lipstick she remembered her best friend who always told her she played safe,she used to say,' Rania we are young,we won't always be,just throw caution to the wind and wear that damn lipstick,'.With nostalgic mind Rania took out her red lipstick and applied it to her lips, and after a few moments she opened the door of her room and went downstairs.

Sean Knightley was getting dressed to go the wretched Conwell's party,the invitation had arrived yesterday by a chauffeur,it was an insult all the other families had received their invites two weeks prior to the party,it was obvious that he was stoking the fire,but Sean wasn't a novice,he knew now was not the time to play petty games,he just had to endure this insults,for a little while now,he was going to make fireworks out of the fire Mr.Conwell was stoking.
He was ready in a black tuxedo,he called his chauffer and was ready to go when his brother Adrian came and gave him a gun and said,' Take this with you I don't trust them at all,'.Sean took the gun and put it in his inner jacket,he hugged his brother and left.

Mr.Conwell was receiving the guests heartily,but he was waiting for the one person to show up.All the guests had arrived as he was leaving to go inside the hall, he saw a car coming and he knew that he had arrived,he put up a big smile and as Sean climbed the flight of stairs.
Mr Conwell hugged him and said,' How nice of you to come,'.
He tightened his hug and replied,'Me too, I got you something and let's just say you don't want to open it in front of your whole family,'.
Mr Conwell let him go and they went inside the hall and all the festivities started.
Rania was standing at the corner,when she heard someone clear their throat,she looked at the person it was a man dressed handsomely and smiling at her and he said,' You must be the eldest daughter of mr.Conwell,I'm Mike Crawley,your father's friend's son and he extended his hand,she shook it shyly,and smiled slightly.
' So how is your stay in London', he inquired.
'It's ok'  Rania replied.In that instant she saw her grandmother waving at her to come.
She excused herself from Mr, Crawley and went to the seat where her grandmother was seated.
Oblivious to her,Sean was watching her like a hawk,he was accessing her,her standing in the corner,her brief talk with the Crawley traitor's son and her seating with her grandmother, something was off about her,he just couldn't point it out, just as he was turning his gaze towards someone else ,he saw her turn her head and smile at somebody,she was in a clear vicinity of his gaze,he looked at her properly,nothing extra ordinary he thought ,and then he looked at the red lipstick,the only thing standing out in her,just then her eyes locked with his.
Rania was looking at the person her grandmother was joking about when she sensed someone's gaze on her,in that instant she looked at that person,a few moments passed and she looked away,she didn't get a good vibe from him,he seemed dangerous she's thought.
They both looked away,the party was almost at its end,the endless photographs were being clicked, which she obviously wasn't a part of.
Rania went outside towards the open balcony,her eyes were teary,she didn't expect anything from her father,yet when she saw him being such a doteful father to Sarah,it hurt her,just because he didn't love her mother,didn't mean he couldn't love her,he had never been their for her all her life, and for him to just call her to a wedding of a sister,and her witnessing him being a father to her,he really was inconsiderate,she wanted this wedding to conclude fast,so she could go back to where she belonged and felt loved.
As she turned around she bumped into someone,she looked up it was same person who was giving her looks all evening ,she muttered,' sorry,'.
Sean smirked and replied,' it's ok,'.she turned and left.
He had got what he wanted she was the one,the bargaining chip,this girl.
He turned to leave and he knew Mr Conwell would call him the next morning for a meeting, after he opened the gift he had given to him.
He returned home and changed into his casual attire,and his brother Adrian asked him about the evening,he told him everything and after discussing the further course of action ,they retired to their rooms.
Sean was about to sleep when he saw the picture of Rania fell from under his pillow ,in hastiness he had forgotten to keep in the study,he looked at it attentively, trying to figure her out,she was different than the other Conwell's ,and he was sure she was crying when he saw her in the balcony,but this wasn't going to back him down from what he was planning,all had to pay for what they had done to his family,even if they were innocent,every war had collateral damage.