Chapter 39 "Autumn Magic"

Start from the beginning

It was indeed the most delightful time of the year.

I took a left turn down the street and stopped my car as the name of the shop I was looking for showed up. I parked my car directly outside the shop as it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to pick up something.

You see, I've been planning a little surprise for Sophie and I hope she likes it.

As I stepped outside the car, the cool october breeze hit me with full force along with the smell of pale wood and it brought a smile to my face.

Ooooh...this season.

The air was chilly outside and I instantly realized I should've chose something warmer or at least thicker to wear rather than just a t shirt and jeans which did next to nothing to protect me from this cold weather outside.

I looked at the store in front of me and observed that it was the second time came here this week.

It was a rather big, two storeyed shop with big glass door and windows. It was decorated with tiny lights and other colourful decorative things with name of the shop written on the glass door in big, white, cursive writing.

Furry Fiesta.

Funny name. I know.

I walked upto the entrance of the store and opened the glass doors to entered. The inside of the store was exactly the same as the last time. I mean, there's not much that could change in just a week but still.

The girl sitting behind the counter looked up as she heard the bell above the door jingled as I walked in, signalling the arrival of some new customer. She had blonde hair which were pulled up in a sleek bun above her head and had brown almond shaped eyes which looked really kind and welcoming.

She looked up to see me and smiled. Judging by her smile, she even recognised me. It was not one of the flirty smiles that I'm used to getting from the opposite sex. It was a sweet and genuine smile. If I remember correctly, her name is....Jasmine. I looked over the badge that was pinned to her dress and looked at her name.

Sarah.

Ehhh....i was close.

"Good morning Mr. Rivera. It's really good to see you again."

I smiled in acknowledgement and asked her about the little gift that I asked for last week and came to receive.

"Hello again. I came here to collect what I ordered. So, did you find it?"

She smiled at me again and came around her desk to stand in front of me,

"Fortunately sir, we found you the perfect little gift, just like you described it. We had to search a little bit to find it as it is actually really rare here."

"Really? You found the exact one?"

I beamed at her, really happy to know that I found the perfect little gift for Sophie.

She smiled at me and nodded her head in a yes. She held up her finger and motioned for me to wait before disappearing further inside the shop, into the corridors.

A few minute later she came back with big woven basket in her hand. The basket itself looked really pretty with a big silky red ribbon tied on the handle in a bow. She came in front of me and held the basket in front of me to hold.

"Here...she's inside it."

I extended my hand and took the basket from her hand, careful not to touch the silk ribbon, afraid I might ruin it. The basket was actually heavier than I anticipated it to be. I don't know if it was because of the basket or the little surprise inside of it.