Chapter 21 "Weird Behaviour "

Sophie's POV

I was just working on my computer when I realise it was lunch time. On any other day, I would have completed my work before having lunch but today I promised Jackson that we would have lunch together and I didn't want to keep him waiting.

I turned off my computer and gathered my phone and purse before going towards the reception area of this floor. Jackson texted me earlier that he will be waiting for me in the reception area.

I opened the door to my office and i could hear someone talking. I looked towards the source of the voice and saw it was Jackson.

And Claire.

Claire was sitting behide her desk, as usual, looking at him and Jackson was leaning over the desk looking at her and saying something in a low tone, more like murmuring. I couldn't quite hear what he was saying but Claire was looking flushed while her body was as still as some statue.

I became curious about what they were talking about. I walked towards them and as soon as they heard my approaching footsteps, their heads snapped towards me.

"Oh...Sophie I was just waiting for you. I met your receptionist. "
Jackson said looking at me and glancing towards Claire for a quick second with a little smirk on his lips.

"H-hey Sophie."

Claire greeted me awkwardly and with a little trouble while speaking. She looked flushed.

While I was just standing there, looking between them and confused. They were acting strange.

"What were you guys talking about? "

Jackson smirked looking at Claire whose eyes snapped to mine,hearing my question her eyes widened a little, and she blushed a deep shade of red and looked down shyly.

"Oh about that..I was just telling Claire over here that she-..."

Before Jackson could answer my question Claire interrupted,

"Oh Nothing important...we were just talking about the....weather ?"

It sounded more as a question though and even she didn't looked so convinced.

Jackson looked amused at Claire's answer and he was smiling while she was glaring at him.

"Yeah...we were talking just about the weather. It's really bright outside. "

Jackson said, still looking towards Claire.

Ohh...so they were talking about the weather...

Jackson turned towards me and said,

"So are you ready to go? "

"Yeah. Let's go."

I was about to leave when an idea popped into my head. I turned towards Claire and smiled excitedly and said,

"Hey, Claire?"

"Hmm?"

"We're going to grab something to eat. Why don't you join us?" I offered.

She looked towards me and was about to protest when Jackson insisted,

"You should come. It'll be fun"

Claire was always a person who was very confident, sassy and very outgoing. But seeing her nervous like this was quite a sight to see. Jackson was making her nervous. It was clear that she has crush on him by the way she reacting. Her blush gave it away.

inally she agreed to come with us. She grabbed her stuff and headed towards the elevator. After reaching the main receptionist area of the building, we went outside to a small diner which was just around the block.