Leave

Ughh I don't have wifi here so I'm not sure when I can update again, hope it will be soon at least! Hope you enjoy!~~

17.55 13 Jan

There he was, still not moving. Shinomiya squeezed his hand harder. He was getting worse and there was nothing that could stop it. Shinomiya was shaking, he didn't even deserve Mutsumi. Shinomiya let go of Mutsumis hand, what was he even doing? It was all worthless. Everything was bullshit. The room was colorless, white lights shining from the fluorescent and the ac buzzing in the background. Cold, it felt cold. Mutsumi was still breathing, his chest struggling on its way up and down. He had that weird oxygen mask on his face and tubes connecting to his arm. Shinomiya looked away, he had been there for days but he still didn't get used to it. He had promised the housewife to eat with them this night, he really didn't want to. Leaving Mutsumi alone felt like a betrayal, what if he... no, he probably wouldn't. He still didn't want to leave him, he didn't want to miss a moment, miss a single breath.

Sometimes Kazuma would walk in, stay there for an hour or so and then walk out. They didn't talk. Kazuma didn't like him, it was understandable- Shinomiya hadn't really told them what happened. Not in detail at least. Finally, the conclusion was made by Nishina's father, a scientist who worked on a cure. He had walked in, done a few tests, taken some blood, asked a few questions and then just nodded his head. It was a miracle that he hadn't turned yet, he said. Though to Shinomiya, it felt like a curse that Mutsumi was on his way to turning into that. It wasn't as bad as Shinomiya had imagined it, he thought they would experiment on Mutsumi, just watch him turn and suffer, taking notes and standing behind a glass. That wasn't the case, they just wanted to find a cure and save as many people as possible. Shinomiya looked up to the silent clock hanging over the door, he better got ready now. He threw Mutsumi a last glance over his shoulder before leaving the room. Shinomiya didn't deserve him.

18.01 13 Jan

Fish again. They ate fish every day, there wasn't much else to chose from. He liked fish, it just...

her smile popped up in his head again. Nana shook his head and grabbed the outer fork on his left and took a bite. They all politely commented on the food and the wife looked pleased with their behavior. Nishina's father sat there quietly eating, eyebags deeply sculpted in his face and dull skin that made his whole face look tired and old. Of course, he was rather handsome, slicked back black hair with a hue of green and a strong jaw. He had made his fortune in the pharmacy business and was now working as a virologist himself. He wasn't rich, he was wealthy.

"How are things going, darling?" the wife smiled but he didn't. He continued chewing and took a sip of the wine, they all just waited in silence. Was he even about to answer? Had he even heard the question? The wife looked nervous like she regretted asking.

"No progress." she sighed with a weak smile on her lips. The man was cold. Nana thought about what Serinuma had said but it didn't seem right. He wasn't special. Should he bring it up? What would happen if he did? Nana couldn't see anything bright coming out of it, he didn't want to seem egoistic but what could he even help with? How could they be sure that he had been asleep? He was sad to think it but Mutsumi was just as doomed as everyone else, there was no escape. Nana had stopped hoping for silly things like that. Nishina's fathers' work was in wain.

"Excuse me, Nishina Fuji, Nishina-sama, I think Nanashima-kun has something he would like to share", Serinuma looked over at him and smiled. What was she doing?! She was ruining everything! No, no it wasn't her fault but... Nana looked around the table. Nishina-sama stared coldly at him, it didn't look like he was expecting anything, Shinomiya, Igarashi, Nishina and the wife looked curious and Kazuma nervous. Kazuma probably realized what was going on. Was it no good? Should Nanashima just keep quiet and play stupid? He looked down on his thighs, black suit pants hugged them tightly.

"I just..." Nana looked up and Nishina-sama's patience was on the verge of running out. "Thanks for letting us stay here and providing everything, I am truly thankful for your generosity" Nishina-sama leaned back on his chair and took a sip of his wine, he just nodded. Nana didn't look at Serinuma, he knew she was disappointed, he didn't want to see her face, he couldn't bear it.

"Your daughter really saved us out there", Igarashi added politely and Nishina-sama looked pleased. "She's really remarkable and you-", Nana could tell that Igarashi was changing the conversation into some formal polite one that would go on forever about virtually nothing.

"I'm sorry to interrupt", they all turned their heads and Igarashi grimaced. "I'm not completely sure but... I think... i'm not sure but-"

"Spit it out son", Nana swallowed and clenched his hands around his cutlery.

"I've been asleep"

Shinomiya couldn't believe it. He was totally baffled, he didn't know what to say. So Serinuma had been right all along? So there was hope- that is if Nanashima really was speaking the truth. He sat still, eyes big and open- he usually was an honest guy wasn't he? Shinomiya wasn't sure what to think of him, that the blonde could've kept something as important as that a secret. No, it had to be fake, it couldn't possibly be real. Nana would have been dead or a creep by now! But Mutsumi hadn't turned yet and... no, Nana couldn't be trusted, he was friends with Kazuma after all. Shinomiya who had cried in his arms and everything and now it turned out that Nana was this mean... this evil to give Shinomiya a second of hope. A second of hope that hurt like hell!

"Bullshit! How are you still normal then?!" he yelled out and slammed his fist down the table. He clenched it and looked up at the blonde. "Bullshit", Shinomiya whispered.

"Yes, that- that wouldn't be possible", Nishina eyes moving up and down from Nana to her father, unsure what to believe.

"I know it sounds crazy but-", Nana breathed out. "I just thought I could help, I don't know how I can make you guys believe me I-", Nanashimas brow was twitching from annoyance. He shouldn't have been surprised over their reactions, what was he expecting? A cheer of joy? Shinomiya rolled his eyes. Nana had no right to be angry at them when he brought up so outlandish things.

"We can test that", Nishina's father got up and grabbed the blonde hurriedly and pulled him out of the dining room.

20.13 13 Jan

"Are you crazy? Don't go up on that boat", he held Nana's wrist. Nana shook his arm free and glared at him.

"Why? We have to help Mutsumi, this is for your brother after all", the waves crashed against- and swallowed each other. Standing outside was rather chilly, and the shore looked dark. The boat was just a small one and Mutsumi had been carried on a stretcher. Kazuma slowly reached with his hand and gently stroked his fingers against Nana's palm, Nana didn't pull his arm away so Kazuma took it as a yes and held his hand.

"I know, and I am really thankful for that but don't do it for me", Nana wasn't realizing what he was doing, putting himself in danger like that.

"I'm not", Nana said with a serious tone, sort of biting Kazumas statement. Was it really that impossible that he would have done it for Kazuma? "I'm just doing it so that no one else will hopefully end up like that".

"You're sounding like a hero", Kazuma laughed. "But you can't do it, you're putting yourself in danger. What if they take away what is keeping you alive just to construct a cure... what if you die?" , Kazuma dried his cheeks with the back of his hand, he hadn't even realized himself.

"I'm okay with that"

"You're really stupid, kid", Kazumas grip tightened. "Don't"

"Don't?"

"Don't leave me alone"

Nana nervously looked around and sighed. He gave a sign with his finger to come closer so Kazuma hovered down, and Nanashima turned his head so it seemed like he was about to whisper something. Kazuma could feel his warm breaths hitting the side if his face and then... a kiss. A kiss on the cheek, Kazuma couldn't believe it.

"I won't leave you", Nana smiled and turned around to walk towards the boat... leaving Kazuma. Kazuma smiled, he was the winner after all.