Trust

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was so tired, I'm not that good at following schedules heheh~I hope you enjoy today's chapter and if you do feel free to rate and comment<3

13.23 6 Jan

Schree Schree

Shinomiya couldn't help but bite down into the plastic of the flashlight. It was safer if it would come to him instead. Otherwise, he would be the hunter and he wasn't really one for hunting. Shinomiya moved closer to the sound. Carefully lifting and letting down his feet as he walked. Luckily the flashlight wouldn't die on him this time. He stopped. Waited, expected the chair sound. Nothing. He looked around but he couldn't see anything moving or looking off and all he could hear was his own flashlight humming quietly. Was there even anyone there? Had he imagined it?No, he knew what he had heard. He wasn't going crazy. Shinomiya tightened his grip on the crowbar and lifted it high up in the air.

DUN!

He slammed it down into the ground. Swung it against a desk and pushed everything on it down to the floor in a loud smash. Bashed it against another desk and another one. The noise was filling the room, everything became a loud mess. Shinomiya stopped, out of breath he leaned over and rested on the crowbar.

THUD! Suddenly, he was yanked down to the floor. The crowbar had slid too far away so he just started flapping around like a fish. Throwing his fists around at random and kicking the air. Something grabbed his wrist. Someone grabbed his fist, a small human hand. He stopped and looked up into the gloomy darkness.

"Shinomiya-kun?" it was a girls voice but he didn't recognize it. She picked up his flashlight and shined it up between them. Wasn't that...

13.43 6 Jan

"Fuck", Serinuma dashed away. Outside, through the big windows, she could see them. Creeps, several of them, maybe tens were heading against the airport.

"We have to go, we have to go now!" Mizushima began running towards another exit and they followed. Nishina raced him and slammed the door open. The creeps were now hitting the windows, bashing their heads against the delicate glass. They had to hurry. Serinuma wasn't as fast as the others, she stumbled her way forward. Lungs aching, adrenaline pumping through her veins, she had to make it. Why was she so slow? Always falling behind. She forced herself, pushed the floor back with her soles as she ran. Glass shattering against the floor... the window broke. She didn't dare to look back, all she could do was run. They could be 20 meters away, they could be 2- she didn't know.

"Hurry!" Nishina cried out in desperation. They were close. She could hear their slurping mouths and disgusting gasps behind her. She could hear their steps, feel the vibrations coming from the floor hitting her bones. Serinuma threw herself forward. She would make it. She was so close... but the panicked look in Nishina's eyes couldn't be faked. Serinuma was pushed to the ground, hair covering her vision and a heavy monster over her light body. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't move. It dug its nails into her skin and she waited for the bite. Waited to be eaten alive. No, she couldn't leave the others like this. She tried to move her body, she wanted to live. Her weak arms tried to push her up. She bit the inside of her mouth, yelled out in pain. The creep forced her down. It was... playing with her? BANG! It stopped. Kazuma had fired his gun. He threw the body off of her and dragged her along. Her legs moved on their own. The creeps were behind them and the distance between them was narrowing down. Kazuma turned around and shot some of them while they ran towards the exit.

"Jump in!" Mizushima yelled and Serinuma slammed the car door behind her. Where was their driver? Kazuma hadn't gotten in the car yet. She turned around and looked out the window, he was there. Struggling to fight of a creep. He had both of his hands around the gas tank, he couldn't protect himself. The others just sat in the car waiting for him, hoping he would make it out. Serinuma looked in awe as he slammed the gas tank against the creep and ran back to the car. He left it! He left the gas tank! Kazuma jumped into the driver's seat and kicked down the gas pedal. The gas! They left the gas!

"Turn back!" Serinuma grabbed his throat from the backseat. "Turn back!" she clenched his flesh. He didn't say anything. Nishina and Mizushima sat quietly. Why didn't they do anything?! "The gas! We have to-"

"Serinuma, look back", the street was full of creeps. Some were eating on the flesh of their dead comrades. "We can't go there", Nishina shook her head. "We barely made it out alive."

"But-", Nishina gave her a look. Serinuma knew that she was right but wasn't this...giving up?

"Let's just hope that the others have found some, I'm sure they have", old Mizushima gave them a weak smile to comfort them. It didn't help.

"Can you let go of my throat now?" Kazuma asked. Serinuma clenched even harder.

"You left the gas on purpose, didn't you?!" Kazuma swore under his breath. "You want us to fail, don't you?!" she shook him around until Nishina grabbed her and pulled her back.

"Serinuma stop it, he didn't mean to", Serinuma didn't stop. She knew he was up to something, she knew he did it on purpose. Why didn't the others believe her? "Serinuma!" Nishina smacked her cheek. She stopped. Serinuma looked over at her girlfriends face. Brows low complemented by an angry glare. Serinuma carefully touched the slapped cheek, it stung. She looked away, out of the window. She knew he did it on purpose but she had no evidence for it. She just knew it. Kazuma drove the car in silence. The wind was blowing and the leafless trees were dancing to it. Naked branches moving to the silence. It was like the world was muted, music had stopped playing in a way. Nishina leaned over and gently stroked Serinumas hair back behind her ear. "I'm sorry", she whispered. Serinuma swallowed down her tears and nodded. She kept her eyes on the window, she didn't want to see Nishina's beautiful face. Why didn't she believe her? "He saved you out there just now, you don't have to trust him. But you know, killing us would be killing himself", Serinuma understood what she was saying but she didn't care. Kazuma was dangerous to have around. He might have saved her just now but he might also kill them all tomorrow. The bathroom thing, Kazuma wasn't acting like himself. Serinuma didn't trust him but apparently, the others didn't trust her either. She let her head rest against the window, feeling the road through the glasses vibrations. Hopefully, the others had found some gas at least.

13.28 6 Jan

"Nakano Amane?" she smiled and helped him up. Amane used to be his senior and also Serinumas friend, he could remember Serinuma calling her A-chan. Though of course, he could also remember Amane calling him a bishounen, which he wasn't too pleased to overhear. She handed him the flashlight and he picked up his crowbar. So it was her making all those sounds?

"We gotta get out of here.You're crazy for making so loud noises", she hissed and grabbed his sleeve to drag him away. Shinomiya stopped.

"Mutsumi-senpai is here", Amane looked around in confusion. "He's on the floor under", she nodded and they both ran down. The place wasn't safe if Amane had been hiding so they had to move quickly, especially after Shinomiyas concert. He opened the metal door and luckily Mutsumi was still there. On the ground, not moving. It looked like Amane was about to question it so he opened his mouth before she had the chance to.

"He hit his head and ended up unconscious", it looked like she bought it. They carried him up, each one under one of Mutsumi's arms and headed out to the stairs. He didn't like to lie but he needed her help. For all he knew, Mutsumi might have actually just been unconscious all this time. It just didn't seem like that was the case. "Wait here", Shinomiya leaned Mutsumi's body against Amane and sprint up the stairs. Amane whispered in a panicked voice but he couldn't hear her.