Eyes

Hello dear readers!^^ I'm so happy that people are still reading, this story is just never ending hahahhh I was actually thinking about putting out a schedule, I'll probably end up too busy to follow it at times but with a schedule- I'll hopefully post more frequently and write more. So let's go, new updates on Wednesdays and Saturdays, how about that hehehh. Today's chapter is rather short but I hope you enjoy it<3

13.02 6 Jan

They entered the airport without too much struggle. The doors were locked and a barricade of bags had covered the main entrance but they had still managed to get in. She looked around, it reminded her of an abandoned house or maybe a graveyard, the way you saw traces of people but not the people themselves. Serinuma sighed. It had already taken them an hour to get there so they'd better find that fuel. They had to.

Nishina looked awfully stiff, something had been off since their talk. They had hugged, so why wasn't it okay? Maybe it wasn't that simple, Serinuma knew she was naive at times. Nishina was hurt and Serinuma wanted to comfort her, wanted to figure out why but now wasn't the time nor place. She still cared, it just... Serinuma swallowed. Was she making up excuses? No, they had a plan, they had to find the fuel- that was priority number one. Love was secondary. She knew that, but it still felt bad, it still hurt. Those plum colored eyes looked cold, like they were far away. Far away from Serinuma.

Where was Kazuma? She looked back, he was standing there looking down on a plushie he held in his hand. What was he doing? He tossed it away like nothing and looked at her. He was acting strangely. No One had ever been too fond of the guy, his behavior couldn't be trusted but still, it looked like he had changed. He seemed happier, calmer in a way. Was it because of the situation they were in? She couldn't figure it out. She herself was stressed and scared, forcing herself to keep her composure. The others had to trust her, she had to have everything under control... and even if she didn't, she had to look like it. Kazuma, what was his part in all of this? He hadn't done any harm so why was she worried?

12.53 6 Jan

Oh no...

Mutsumi was lying on the ground unconscious. The room was empty of creeps so why? Shinomiya ran up to him and threw himself at the ground. He put his hand on Mutsumi's chest... he was breathing. Shinomiya sighed out in relief. He was okay. He was alive. But what had happened? Shinomiya lifted him up and held him in his arms. He was heavy and Shinomiya was weak but he managed by carefully dragging him up into his lap. Shi gently stroke Mutsumi's messy bangs away from his forehead. He was burning up. He pressed Mutsumi's face against his chest. He just held him. He didn't know what else to do. They had band-aids and alcohol but nothing that could help him now.

"Mutsumi?" he whispered. Mutsumi didn't move. "Mutsumi?" he cried out. What had he done, why hadn't he followed Mutsumi?! Why did he never take action?! Tears welled up from his eyes. What was he supposed to do? Mutsumi was sick, he was too heavy to carry, Shinomiya was alone and the phone connection was down. Mutsumi...

He had to do something.

Shinomiya rummaged through his backpack. There had to be something! Anything! He threw out everything. Why was everything useless? Why couldn't anything save Mutsumi?

"AGHHH!" Shinomiya threw the backpack against the wall. It rattled loudly. He huffed after air. "Mutsumi... I need you..." Mutsumi just laid there like a thrown away glove. "...please", he leaned over Mutsumi. Caressed the boys' pale cheeks and saw how his tears dropped down, hitting Mutsumi's face and sliding down like it was he who was crying and not Shinomiya. "I'm sorry".

Mutsumi was asleep.

13.38 6 Jan

She sat down. Goosebumps spread over her legs as her skin touched the cold toilet seat. Kazuma entered the toilet stall next to her. Her face heated up. Why didn't he take one further away? Why not walk into the gents?

"So... you've known Nana for years?" he asked coldly while they washed their hands. He knew that already so why was he asking? She nodded.

"We met in a park as kids", he didn't move a single facial muscle. She chuckled, hoped her laugh would fill in the silence he created between their sentences.

"We also met... beside a park", she was confused.

"Yeah, I heard that", she closed the tap.

"He told you?" something sparked in his eyes. She nodded. "That's..." he paused. "I'm glad that he did", Kazuma looked down at his hands, smiling. She didn't get him. The paper towel holder was empty so she walked into a stall and brought back some toilet paper to use. She looked at the mirror, Kazuma stood there, looking at his reflection and whispering something. She had to ask, she needed to know.

"What's your goal with this?" she didn't understand the guy. He smirked, wide eyes looking at her. She took a step back.

"I don't know", he showed his teeth with a big smile. Serinuma bit her lip, she could feel her heartbeat speeding up. "Survive?" he shrugged, still wearing that look in his eyes. What was that supposed to mean? He was playing with her, he knew what she had meant. "What do you think it is?" he walked up closer to her. Serinuma kept backing away until she hit the wall behind her. They were so close, she couldn't get out. His smile disappeared and she was left with his crazy eyes. She could feel his breath hitting her face, like an angry dog growling, ready to attack. Serinuma tried to stay still, tried to keep her legs from shaking. His pupils were big as tennis balls and his eyebrow kept twitching. She bit her lip harder. Her heart was going to explode out her chest. Serinuma could taste the iron in her mouth. He backed off, itched his head like he was confused and then smiled his normal smile but something was definitely off. He was definitely off. "I'm sorry, I'm acting a bit weirdly aren't I?" Serinuma didn't answer him. She stood there, stone-faced in silence. He laughed. She ran out of the bathroom and he followed.

"Fuck", Nishina?! Serinuma sprinted away. Whatever was going on, she had to make it in time. Kazuma she had to save for later.