Chapter 15: The Decline

Börja om från början

Ruby looked a bit confused to what Penny meant, but she was used to not understanding her and sighed a little. Penny noticed that Ruby was less cheery than usual and decided to bring it up.

Penny: "Ruby? Are you alright?" she asked worriedly.

Ruby: "I'm... just worried. Ever since (Y/n) was suspended and left Beacon to do stuff, I been worried that he might be mad at me for getting him suspended. I feel like a lousy best friend." she told Penny sadly.

Penny on the other hand looked confused and began thinking about something before shaking her head at Ruby.

Penny: "(Y/n) hasn't left Beacon, he's still here." she stated to Ruby. who looked confused.

Ruby: "What do you mean? I thought tha-" she tried talking, but was cut off by a familiar voice from behind her.

Maka: "Penny, come on. We need you in Professor Ozpin's office." she announced walking up to them.

Ruby looked behind her to see Maka walking towards them with a serious and determined expression on her face. Penny nodded to her and looked to Ruby.

Penny: "I'm sorry Ruby, but I have to go. Let's talk later." she said before walking towards the elevator with Maka.

Ruby watched as the two enter the elevator before disappearing behind the closing door. She couldn't help herself to becoming curious to what Penny meant by (Y/n) still being there. She only sighed and slowly walked over to the rest of her team as they head to lunch, then to combat class.

Meanwhile, Penny and Maka stepped of the Elevator into Professor Ozpin's office. They were greeted by Professor Port, Dr. Oobleck, and General Ironwood, who were in front of Professor Ozpin as he sat at his desk. They walked over and greeted them.

General Ironwood: "Good. You're here. Now we can get started and kill that... thing." he told them.

Maka only glared General Ironwood as she quickly walked in front of him.

Maka: "You mean save him. We're not killing (Y/n)." she hissed at him.

General Ironwood: "Save him? If we somehow did save him, then what? He'll just eventually turn onto that abomination once again and who knows where it'll happen next. I'm not taking the chance of him doing that in public." he stated calmly.

Maka: "You're the one that made it worse by shooting him several times! Doing that made him go into a berserk state!" she pointed out as she jab her finger to his chest.

The two bickered with one another for another minute before Professor Ozpin cleared his throat to catch their attention.

Professor Ozpin: "James, Maka, if you are done. Let us attempt to help (Y/n)." he said to them.

Maka looked over to him gratefully, while General Ironwoods looked at him in shock.

General Ironwood: "You can't be serious! Do you really plan to allow that thing to roam around freely? Even you were surprise to see him like that." he stated.

Professor Ozpin: "This was the first time I actually seen him in that form, it is a high possibility that his human form is nothing more than a container of sorts. Nevertheless, after we save him, he'll be under twenty-four hour watch everyday and will be forbidden to leave school grounds without being accompanied by one of us in this room." he announced to him.

General Ironwood: "That's not good enough! Allow me to place Penny and another one of my students on Maka's support team in case he loses control. She was trained for this Ozpin. We can't take any chances." he told Professor Ozpin.