While sneaking into the kitchen, I heard my brother talking to him over the phone so I know he'll be here any minute.

Chanyeol oppa told me to send Jimin to his room once he arrives since they will be playing some boardgame.

I've been waiting for more than twenty minutes. He should be arriving by now. Their house wasn't too far from here. What's even funny was that he used to live on this house too considering that this was originally owned by her mom, until my family bought it.

"Chaeyoungie!" I heard Jimin coo as he enter the house, a huge smile showing on his face.

Out of nervousness, I bolted up from my seat hitting the vase on the table. The sound of it crashing echoed in the whole room.

"Yah, be careful!" he was standing beside me in a flash, his arms wrapped around me as he guided me away from the broken ceramic.

My body was frozen. His being so close to me like this and the fact that I was about to confess was too much to handle.

"Are you okay?" his worried tone made my heart flutter, the way his eyes bore into mine made my heart even weaker.

He brushed the hair away from my face and my breath hitch at his action.

"I will study in America. Today is my last day," I mumbled and his eyes wavered for a moment.

I'm not sure if he was upset or what but I've decided. I'm going for it.

"I like you..." I whispered, my voice cracked in the end and my eyes saw the shocked look on his face.

Slowly, his hands released my body, and every step he made backward, I felt my heart clenching, pain breaking me into pieces.

Of course, what should I expect?

Jimin, he sees me as his younger sister.

Just that.

A weird laugh escaped my lips.

"You don't have to feel burdened about it. I just want to let this out before I leave but you don't have to say anything. I-"

"I don't like you," I heard him mutter, and that stopped me from further saying anything. My hands balled into fists and my body started shaking. However, I made sure not to show how I was close to losing it. Instead, I smiled at him.

"I know. By the way, Chanyeol oppa was waiting for you in his room," I told him before turning my back in the opposite direction. I can't bear to see the look on his face.

I was ready for it. I know it's impossible for him to like me. To him, I'm just a little girl, his little sister.

But it still hurts like I was literally slapped in the face.

I did my part, and I won't shed a tear. I've cried too much.

Not anymore.

......

"Thank you..." I muttered and I saw how his jaw tightened but I didn't say anything more.

"Chaeyoung I-"  

"For the house, I know. You did it for this house. Don't worry about it. Like what we've discussed, five years and we'll go on separate ways," I told him and I'm not sure if it was confusion or regret that I saw in his eyes but I didn't bother asking.