13

One scene was inspired by Master's Sun.

---------------------

Chaeyoung's POV

"Are you sure you're alright?" Yuri asked,  concern laced over her tone as she watch me print multiple copies of the agenda for the meeting which is about to take place fifteen minutes from counting.

"I will be fine," I mumbled, though a little unsure.

Soobin came to the office earlier and gave me the tedious job of acting as her secretary for the managers' meeting.

And I'm nervous.  It has been two days after my confrontation with him and this is the first time we'd see each other again.

"I hate you..." These are the words I told him and I regret it.

The last two days were a complete torture. I had been reflecting on my actions towards him every night and I feel like my snapping at my boss was uncalled for.

And every time I see him walking around the hallways, I was too quick to hide. Thank God he never visited our office. Even Hoseok stopped pestering me. He does occasionally calls my name but he never once asked about Jimin. I wonder if Jimin asked him to do so.

Yuri, of course, knew what happened because she saw me looking a lot like a mess after I went out of his office.

And now, I have no choice but to face him. Honestly, I was quite surprised because Soobin had asked me to help her nicely. And earlier this morning, she also called me and asked my opinion about the report she'd made and asked if she did the actuals correctly which she does.

I knew for a fact that Soobin is more than qualified for her job. Sometimes I think I did something wrong that's why she hates me.

And I swear I even heard her mutter a short word of gratitude before I went out of her office but that will be really weird so disregarded the thought. I was just probably hearing things.

After printing the last copy, I forced a smile toward Yuri who was looking more nervous than I am.

"Stop worrying, silly. It's a meeting. It's not like I will be questioned for a trial," I joke and she pouted.

"Joking at a time like this, huh?" soft giggles escaped her lips.

"I'm amazing like this, bitch," I teased before leaving her behind.

In no time, I was already setting up the folders on every table. I groan a little as I pull my skirt down to make me feel a little more comfortable.

I was so in a hurry earlier this morning that I pull the first thing my hand got on my closet. It was one of the dresses I bought three months ago that I was never really able to wear after realizing how short it looked on me.

"Aist, why do I have to buy you instead of the white off-shoulder dress?" I mocked myself in annoyance.

Lucas, for example, made a loud whistling sound the moment he saw me and I ended up throwing a pen in his direction which made him double in laughter.

It was decent, yeah but I'm not so used to showing too much skin at the office and this little black dress attracts too much attention. I bought it once when I was in a state of rebelling and thought it would be nice to wear this dress to get hooked up on a bar. But of course, once I was back to my old self, the dress had been left hidden in my closet.

Until now.

The door suddenly burst open, Soobin came in first and the moment she saw me putting in the last folder, I noticed her released a long sigh, and somehow, I was thinking if she thought I'd ditch her report.