02

Chaeyoung's POV

"Are you sure you're not coming?"

I lifted my glance from the pile of paper works my head had been buried to since earlier this morning, my knuckles shaking the moment I saw him giving me a wink.

Calm down, Chaeyoung. Breathe in, breathe out. I whispered to myself, my eyes glancing at the clock hanging on the wall before turning back my attention to the person who called me earlier. 

As my sharp eyes noticed the impatient expression visible on his face, I quickly shake my head before giving him the fakest smile I can muster.

Jackass, I thought to myself.

I hated how people pretend to be good and do things they hate just to show people that they are;t really not much of a bad person.

I get it - we're living in a world where generations of hypocrites are scattered all over but putting in such a pretense for me is just a waste of time.

As if you don't do the same, I told to myself.

"You can go. Lucas. I'm fine," I told him, a half-hearted smile plastered all over my face but I knew he saw through my fake expression but didn't utter a word. Instead, he smirked at me and spattering his usual remark, which, as always, I just laugh over with, "Chaeyoung, just remember to call me in case you change your mind. I'm all ups to taking you out on a date. Just say a word baby," he chuckled before pulling the door closed. 

A long sigh escaped my lips.

When will he realize that never once will I even consider going out with him?

I mean, I know he looks decent but he is such a jackass.

"And it's not like you can date right now Chaeyoung," I whispered to myself before shaking my head. 

My eyes scanned the room. It's just me that's left. And it's not a very unusual sight actually since it normally happens every day.

Most of my officemates had already given up in asking me to come with them during lunch or even those days when they want to hang out after work hours.

Aside from the fact that I don't have much time spare to go around and have fun, I normally am already exhausted with work so I tend to just sleep once I reach home.

Probably half of the people here in the office doesn't really talk to me. To them, I'm just a stuck-up bitch who doesn't have anything in mind but work. A workaholic bitch who thinks so highly of herself as what those two girls had been talking about when I heard them one time in the comfort room.

They had been talking about how I always do everything because I think I'm better than most of them.

Little did they know, my evil supervisor makes me do everything so she wouldn't have to lay a finger on her job. A typical definition of a bitch. On my first year, I have been the most submissive employee under her bucket. Once, she had an emergency which leads me to do her report but the moment she found out that I can perfectly do her job, I ended up doing it eversinc.e

Now, the employees here thought I was just trying to look so busy when I don't really have so much to do. If I wasn't tied on a fucking contract for five years, I wouldn't have let them treat me that way.

If they only knew.

I'd be happy to go and play with them if I wasn't in this stuck up situation.

Don't worry Chaeyoung, it's just a year and you can leave this hell hole. 

The sound of my grumbling stomach made me reach for my tummy.