\/\/\/\/\/9\/\/\/\/\/

Jack betrayed you. He betrayed the boys. He betrayed Crutchie. And you wouldn't take that.

After running from Medda's theater you ran straight to the refuge.

"Crutchie?" You called through the window.

"Y/n?" You hop down and move towards the voice.

"Oh my god! Crutchie what have they done to you?"

"I'm fine. Really." He tries to stand up but falls back down to the floor. Only then do you get a good look at him. His lip is split slightly and he has a pretty good shiner.

"Crutch you're not fine. You can't even get up." You say, squatting next to him.

"Why are you here y/n? You're gonna get yourself caught!" He reacts.

"I had to see you. And apologize." You say glancing to the ground.

"For what?"

"I hurt you Crutchie. I didn't realise it before but I hurt you in more ways than I can fix." A tear slips down your cheek as you think back to that night after your date with Davey. Then the night Crutchie got taken. "I made a mistake Crutchie. A huge mistake. A stupid mistake."

"You could never make a stupid mistake." Crutchie laughs, looking to you.

"But I did. Crutch you saved me that day we first met and if I hadn't ran into you, literally, I would be back here and had never met you or... Even fell in love with you."

"What?" Crutchie asks in shock. "You love me? But what about Davey?"

"I thought you didn't like me back. So when Davey asked me to go out with him, I just agreed. I never stopped loving you Crutchie. And I didn't mean to hurt you so much." A sob racked through your small frame.

Crutchie pulls you closer to him and hugs you. "I love you too y/n." You look at him and slowly lean in. Just before you lips could meet a bang come from the hallway. Your heads snap toward the door and you freeze. "Go." Crutchie whispers. You don't move, your body frozen. "Go!" he says a little more forcefully and you jump up and run back to the window.

"I love you Crutch." You jump down and run back to the Lodging house.

"I love ya too." Suddenly the door opens.
"Where are ya you lousy crip?!"