24. Thomas Shelby: Never Enough

You had been close to Thomas ever since you could remember, time only bringing you closer each day

You had been close to Thomas ever since you could remember, time only bringing you closer each day. Even after the war you were the only person who Thomas showed affection towards.

Everyone believed that you were the woman who would bring Thomas out of his rut since France and truth be told you did too. Thomas didn't show other women affection, unless it was purely sexual but with you, well he was different with you.

That was until Grace showed up. Slowly you noticed how Thomas stopped showing you his affection and instead offered it to her. Thomas no longer smiled when you said his name, now h only smiled when he was with Grace.

You understood that he loved her and so you moved on. When Grace was outed as a spy, an officer of the king Thomas soon found himself back in your arms and honestly you loved it.

You lathered in his touch, his love but it didn't last. Eventually Grace came back and once again you felt Thomas slipping from your grip, going back to his real love.

You received the wedding invitation graciously with a smile that almost masked how you really felt, the pain you were suffering through, almost.

Ada walked into the kitchen and shut the door abruptly, startling you as you made yourself a cup of tea. "I don't know how you do it!" She snapped. "It's not hard Ada, you just put in the bag and bam you've got tea," you teased her.

"You know I'm not on about the bloody tea." She said sitting at the table. "He's in there with her acting all loved up and you're acting like it's fine!" You shrugged. "That's because it is fine Ada," you said matter of factly.

"No it's bloody not! He loved you Y/N and you loved him! And now that's grace is back he's chucked you away as if you meant nothing." Ada's words hurt but you already knew that.

"Ada-" you said putting your tea down. "If my Freddy ever looked at another woman like that when I was live I'd have killed her!" She said.

"He's marrying her and that's fine. She's carrying his child and that's fine too!" Ada didn't say anything. "He's totally in love with her and I will never ever be enough for him-" your voice broke as the tears in your eyes began to fall.

"And that's fine." Ada stood from her seat and circled the table so she was beside you. "He's a fool. A bloody idiot but he'll realise the mistake he's made." You smiled and wiped your eyes.

"Tea?" You asked as if nothing had happened. Ada nodded, she understood that what you were going through was so unbelievably painful that the only way you could bare it was to turn it off, pretend everything was fine even though it was not.