30. Thomas Shelby: Happier

Thomas had found it difficult to love people after the war

Thomas had found it difficult to love people after the war. He found it difficult to show any other emotion than lust when it came to women.

He loved you though. In fact he'd always loved you, since before the war there was a mutual respect for one another. When you'd finally come to terms with your feelings Thomas allowed you to emerge yourself in his life.

It didn't last though. Thomas was the one who ended it. He didn't really understand why he had done it but you accepted it and walked away, out of his life.

When your relationship came to an end he found himself seeing your face everywhere. His home was riddled with memories of you, his bed still smelt of you. Thomas decided he needed to get out of the house. He needed to get away from you.

He needed a drink so he walked to the Garrison. It had been some time since your relationship had ended, enough time for the two of you to peruse other people. Thomas just wasn't expecting it.

When you walked out of the Garrison, hand in hand with a man Thomas recognised. The man said something and you laughed hysterically.

Thomas' skin crawled when he looked at the smiles you shared with your new lover. He didn't think he'd ever seen you look this happy.

Thomas had frozen as he watched you in another mans arms. He couldn't help but think back to his time spent with you. You never smiled like you were now, in fact you rarely smiled at all.

Thomas knew he had hurt you. He was rarely home, often spending the night with other women. You no longer smiled for Thomas. You were a broken women and it was all his fault.

Thomas knew nobody could hurt you as much as he did, deep down that was because he would kill any man who even looked at you the wrong way but also because he treated you so poorly it would be difficult for any man to beat him. Thomas also knew that nobody could love you as much as he did, even though there were others who deserved you more than him.

The man planted a kiss to your lips, his hands traveling to places that were once just for Thomas. He wanted to kill the man, cut off those hands and blind his eyes so he would never be able to touch or even look at you again but he reminded himself that you were happier now, even if Thomas was happier when he was with you.

The day Thomas ended it he knew you'd fall for someone new, he just wasn't expecting it to make him feel this terrible. Thomas took one last look at your smiling face, he would saver it in his memories as the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

He knew it wasn't personal but Thomas felt like you were trying to hurt him by smiling so brightly due to this man. "You alright brother?" Arthur asked startling Thomas slightly.

Thomas plastered a fake smile to his lips and nodded. "Want us to cut him? Show him what happens when you fuck with a blinders girl?" John said touching his cap dangerously.

"No." Was all Thomas said. "She's not a blinders girl anymore," he said bitterly. "Besides she's happier now." And for that Thomas would always be in dept to your lover because you deserved to be happier.