8

(Two months later...)

Gina's POV

"We're doing what?" I ask angrily into the phone. Nate and Josh are watching cartoons while Klara plays at her doll house in the corner. I'm on the phone with Jerome, and I don't like what I'm hearing. "I'm sorry, Gina, but we have to. Kids are welcomed, so you and Cody can bring the triplets. And I doubt Nick will have connected the dots, and I hear he has a kid with his new mate. You're safe," Jerome explains.

I reluctantly agree. I understand why Jerome didn't tell me about the meeting until the day it was supposed to happen. Then I can't break anything. "Alright, I understand. I'll meet you at the van. Bye," I say. Then I hang up. Cody received the same call about an hour ago. The meeting was for the Alphas, and their strongest warriors, in Connecticut.

Cody wanders into the apartment. "Did Alpha Jerome tell you?" he asks. I nod. "What time is the meeting at?" I ask. Cody thinks for a moment, checks the time on his phone, then replies. "Noon." I gasp. Noon? It's 10:00 already! This better not be too far away, Jenna seethes. I agree. Poor planning. "We've got an hour's drive so get these guys fed," Cody urges.

I make a pot of Kraft Dinner and set bowls and baby spoons out on the table. "Lunch time!" I call. Nate, Josh, and Klara all charge for the table. I put them all up in their booster seats and buckle them in. They all try to feed themselves, but I'm fine with it. I go to their room and begin to pack some light backpacks. I start in Nate and Josh's room. I pack 4 diapers, 2 for each, as well as 2 bottles. I also throw in a couple coloring books and an 8 pack of crayons.

I pack the same for Klara and sling both bags over my shoulders. When I return to the living room, I throw one at Cody. "Carry this," I say. He obliges. The triplets have just finished eating. I place their bowls and spoons in the sink and wipe their faces and hands. I think it's hilarious we're taking "The Van." The Van belongs to me and is a Honda Odyssey in red. Nobody will forget us.

I pick up Klara and Cody has Nate and Josh by the hands. Together we parade out to the pack garage. Jerome waits by the van. "All aboard! Alpha Jerome, you're driving," I say. Jerome nods and climbs into the driver seat. Cody helps me buckle in Nate, Josh, and Klara. Then, he slides into the passenger seat and I sit in the middle.

The triplets fall asleep immediately. I lean my head against the window, tired. Nick, you can suck a goat. I'm fine, Is the last thought I think before I drift off.

_____________________________________________________________________

Ooh, build up! Haha.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!