3

(Time skip 3 months later...)

Nick's POV (Oh, my blood's boiling!)

"Did you find her?" I ask the search party returning. My Beta, and best friend, Chase shakes his head no. I groan, then go off to find Cori. Cori is the girl I started dating after Gina left. We've gotten close, and I think she would be a great replacement Luna. Replacement Luna. I wish I didn't have to say those words. I wish I had my real Luna back with me.

But she's too smart. She left no trace of her scent anywhere. I had always underestimated Gina, but maybe that was a mistake. I pull out of my thoughts when I see Cori in front of me. I sniff the air. She's in heat. "Hey babe," I say cheerfully with a hint of lust. Her eyes go black and mine match. I crash my lips onto hers.

We have an enjoyable make out session. Then, it goes even further....

&@(%-@(%-(@-%

When I wake up in the morning, I see Cori lying next to me. Bearing my mark. Oh no! Gina! My wolf, Ellis, cries out. I feel no more connection to Gina. I broke the bond. Cori is now the Luna. I feel complete, with a mate lying next to me. I block Ellis out as he rants at me for hurting his mate. I feel Gi-Cori stirring beside me. "Morning beautiful," I say happily. It feels decent, but it would be better if I told Gina that.

-Chase, what have the trackers found?- I ask, mindlinking him. I just remembered I had sent out trackers yesterday morning! Maybe they found a trace of Gina? -Nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's one clever @ss mate you had.- He replies. Such truth.

Cori gets up and  goes to the bathroom with a pregnancy test kit. Then, the smell of stale urine hits me. I check under the bed. I find a bag with "GINA" written on it. I peek in it. Pregnancy tests. And they all say positive. Gina was pregnant when I rejected her! Oh no, I could've killed my baby!

I hide the bag and sit back down on the bed. Cori comes back in, beaming. "Positive, babe! All 4 say positive! We're going to have a baby!" she says cheerfully. I embrace her and spin her around. It is good news. Maybe my baby with Cori can be Alpha when I've gone? Gina's child is still swirling around in my brain. I should have been nicer to her. I shouldn't have been the player I was!

When I find her, I will make her forgive me. Yes, that'll be it. She'll live here, close to me, and both of my babies can play together. Cori would put up with it, right? For her mate?

_____________________________________________________________________

Spoken like a desperate and arrogant man, Nick. The fact that you're fictional does not stop my blood from boiling. -.-

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!