Leon

Ashton’s Perspective:

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“I’d ask you the same thing but it’s clear to shove your tongue down my girlfriends throat.” He says angrily.

“It’s not a secret I’ve liked her for a long time.”

“Yes but she’s my girlfriend Ashton!”

“If you didn’t notice she kissed me back.” I say raising my voice a little.

“She’s about to go into surgery that could end her damn life. She’s scared and confused.”

“How many times have you told Ashley that you love her?”

“Why the hell does it matter?”

“Just answer.”

“A lot.”

“Now how many times has she said it to you?” I ask and he doesn’t answer, “Exactly, so go think about that.”

“You’re delusional.” He says and then walks away to go sit in a waiting chair.

We don’t talk anymore and both just wait for Ashley’s surgery to be done. We see her come out of the door and I stand up to go to her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Luke asks me.

“To see her.”

“I’ve been worried sick about her and now I get to see her and talk to her, now leave, we don’t need you here.”

“At least while you were just talking about being worried I actually did something to see if she was okay.”

“And we are in a hospital. This is not okay. You kept this from me.”

“So did she.”

“I love her so you better stay away from her from now on.”

“You’re not her parent you don’t get to control her.”

“Someone has to since her parents are both dead now.” He says loud enough for Ashley to hear. We both look at her and he eyes are wide and then she blinks and looks away.

“Everything was fine until you came.” I say starting to walk to her room that she is now in again.

He grabs the back of my shirt, “You’re not going in there.”

“Or else you’ll do what?” I grab his hand and throw it at him off my shirt. I walk in the room, “I knew you were going to be fine.”

“How is he?” She asks.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t play stupid with me I know he saw and I know you were just fighting in the hallway about me.”

“He’s fine.” I tell her, “I’m sorry for what he said about your parents.”

“Could I talk to him alone?” She asks ignoring the apology I just made for Luke.

Maybe he was right. She was confused. Maybe the letter was a lie. Maybe she really doesn’t love me and it was all in my head.

I nod and walk to the hallway where Luke is waiting by the elevator, “Luke!” I call for him. The doors to the elevator open and he tried to close the doors before I get there but I get there first. “She wants to see you.”