Chapter Seventy-Eight

Start from the beginning

"...So I did a test, two weeks ago," I felt bad for listening, even though I've done worse things in my lifetime. There was a pause in which I heard nothing.

"I'm pregnant, Jameson." I held my breath for his response. Jace appeared from the kitchen suddenly, frowning at me. I clenched my jaw when I saw him, signalling for him to be quiet.

"We're..?" I watched Jace join me, confused. I knew he could hear the conversation too.

I heard Jameson swear, and I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth, anticipating the moment when he would get angry.

"I can't believe it," he said, and I frowned, "that's amazing, Sky."

"Amazing?" I heard Sky respond, the emotion clear in her voice, "I'm pregnant at seventeen, Jameson."

I heard a sharp intake of breath from Jace and turned to see his eyes wide with shock. I instantly felt guilty for allowing him to find out Sky's big secret. I shouldn't even know myself—Sky should've told me; it's too private for Jace to know.

My mouth forming a grimace, I reached out and grasped onto Jace's wrist, tugging him away from the crime scene. I pulled him into the library, leading us through the maze and finding a place where we wouldn't be heard. Ironically, we didn't speak for a while, just staring over at the shelves upon shelves of books. I didn't even know what half of it was.

I inhaled, "You weren't supposed to hear that."

Taking a moments pause, Jace proceeded to say, "I know."

I closed my eyes, shaking my head. We remained in silence for a few more minutes as I tried to think.

"You can't repeat this to anyone. Not until Sky tells us—if she does." Jace nodded silently, eyes telling me that he was somewhere else, thinking.

"How long have you known?" Jace asked, eyes eventually finding me.

I shook my head, "I only realised today—and it kind of makes sense, like a lot of sense."

"That she'd be pregnant?" Jace asked, confused.

I frowned, "Kind of, not really," I crossed my arms over my chest, "no I just mean that, looking back at it now, I can see all the signs. I mean, her extreme happiness, then her extreme sadness. And then...when Richard died, before that, she had a bulletproof jacket, but she held it over her stomach and not her heart."

I exhaled. "She had the same instincts as her father—protect the one you love."

It was then that Jace stepped forward and embraced me. I was surprised; I was never usually hugged in circumstances like these—aside from a hug from Sky.

He read me well. All I wanted was to just bury my face into his chest and forget that the female body produces babies and blood. The latter isn't really necessary in the situation at present, but still.

"She's far too young," I whispered into Jace's shirt, running my finger down the seams.

Jace pulled me in tighter, "She's Sky Beaufort."

I smiled, "And he's Jameson Fahr." I responded.

Jace laughed, "Exactly. I'm sure they'll be just fine."

I closed my eyes, relaxing into him, "I hope so." Jace hummed, resting his chin on the top of my head as he ran his fingers through my hair. "At least I finally get a chance to see those model babies."

Jace laughed, his body shaking mine. "You have weird optimism, Lex."

"You love it." I teased.

Without pulling away, he said, "I do."

I was grinning, completely smitten. Once upon a time, a very hot and strong girl—as all girls are—fell for a smouldering therapist. Fast forward, he caught me.

The sound of someone clearing their throat surprised me—I hadn't anticipated that anyone would be joining us in our moment. I pulled away from Jace, frowning. I looked up at him, seeing his lips parted and his eyes wide.

My frown deepened, and I followed his gaze to whatever or whoever was behind me. I froze when I saw who it was.

I stared at him.

_________________________________

yummy scrummy in my tummy

y'all I think they should call the baby Skameson

throoowwwbaacccckkkk

WAIT THEY CAN JUST CALL IT SON

lmaooo

-hi I'm child of JJ and Sky so I am Skyson - son of Sky #GENDERREVEAL

FABULOUS SONGS

Songs that played when I was writing this chapter (in order):
Raise the Dead - Rachel Rabin
Her (Loving You) - Glades
I Gave It All - Aquilo
Run - Leona Lewis
People Help The People - Birdy
BTSK - MS MR
One Last Time - Ariana Grande
The Writer - Ellie Goulding
Angels (Above Me) - Say Lou Lou
TALK ME DOWN - Troye Sivan
Game of Survival - Ruelle
Let Me Down Gently - La Roux
Settle - Vera Blue
My God - Rae Morris
Under The Sheets - Ellie Goulding

END OF FABULOUS SONGS

Date written:
19/06/18 (happy sequel!!)
20/06/18
25/06/18

___________
Next update: Wednesday
___________

CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE SPOILER:
(end of an era 👀 and getting close to the end 😭)

Who is our mystery guest?

And what are their intentions?