chapter one

Ciel sits behind his desk, his hands resting on his lap. He eyes the dark haired grim reaper warily, watching as the reaper adjusts his rectangular glasses with his hedge clippers.

"Young Master! I got them!" Ciel tears his gaze away from William and frowns as the blonde-haired gardener flings the door open, bounding into the room. Amber and Ronald appear behind him and Ronald makes a spluttering noise, his lambent green eyes widening a fraction of an inch when his eyes land on William.

"W-William, what a surprise!" Ciel sighs, and he can hear his joints pop as he stands.

"You can go now Finny." The young boy bows, his hair tumbling over his face. He brushes it away impatiently.

"Yes Young Master!" The gardener spins on his heels and bolts out of the room.

"Is this is about the paperwork...it was Grell!" Ronald says and William releases and exasperated sigh.

"Do I even dare ask?" The dark haired reaper inquires and Ronald gives his head a quick shake. William's eyes slew to the mouse on Ronald's shoulder, "Is that a mouse?"

"No." Ronald says, sarcasm dripping from his voice as the tiny creature sends William a glare, "It's a unicorn. Of course it's a mouse!"

"His name is Grey." Amber has been quiet and Ciel is startled to hear her speak now, "You wanted to see us about something?"

"Yes, thank you Amber." Ciel falls back into his chair, his finger nervously tapping against the edge of his desk. The sound echoes through the room, "It has come to my attention that there are mysterious deaths occurring at a boarding school nearby. Recently, the Queen has sent me a letter, wishing me to investigate and-if possible-find the killer."

"Okay so why is he here?" Ronald asks, walking over to William. He pokes the dark haired reaper and William bites back a scowl, swatting Ronald's hand. Amber giggles.

"He is here because I have called him over so that we can discuss the deaths." Ciel says, the tapping decreasing in volume, slowly fading away, "And I have learned that those who died were not on any Death Lists. Also that there were no souls to be collected."

"Death Lists? Collecting souls?" Amber says inquisitively. The room becomes silent and Ciel can practically feel the pressure in his ears. Of course when Amber forgot about Ronald, she also forget about demons and grim reapers; if it wasn't for Ronald, she wouldn't know about that stuff.

"Code for no evidence. The victims were purely random with no connection what so ever."  Ciel replies, watching as William's green eyes dart from Amber to Ronald. His lips are pulled into a thin line, white and bloodless. Amber nods slowly, linking her arm through Ronald's.

"Okay so  what do you need us for?"

"I need you two to go to that school as students." Ciel says curtly, "Of course, I would do it but everyone knows that I am the Queen's Watchdog." With a grunt, William brings himself to his feet, his icicle gaze turning to Ronald.

"Mr. Knox, a word?" Brief panic races across Ronald's face and Ciel watches as he pulls away from Amber, following William out of the room. Amber frowns,

"What was that all about?" Ciel shrugs, his eyes glued onto the door as it falls shut.

"I have no idea."

The door shuts behind Ronald as if pushed by invisible hands. Grey squeaks and digs his nose into Ronald's hair, his tiny body trembling. The hallway is empty with various portraits smiling grimly at them. Ronald suppresses a shiver; those eyes always seem to be watching him.

"So, what do you want William?" Ronald inquires, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. The hairs on the back of his neck tingle and he can feel eyes on him. William's fingers tighten around his hedge clippers and his knuckles turn white. Ronald shrinks away from the older reaper.

"Did you not understand what I told you before this entire mess began?" There is a slight edge in William's voice, his tone is sour, "I told you that humans and reapers do not mix. It is against the rules." Ronald grounds his teeth together, his fingers clenching into fists within his pockets.

"Rules are meant to be broken William." He says through his teeth. William glares at him and Ronald counters it with his bright green eyes, his expression fierce, "Listen William. Don't you get it? I love her and I already lost her once. I don't want it to happen again." William's harsh glare softens and he sighs, his eyelids dropping shut.

"I guess I can allow-" A grin breaks out on Ronald's face and William watches as the younger reaper pumps a fist in the air, the mouse on his shoulder tittering excitedly.

"Thanks William!" Ronald spins on his heels and shoves the door to Ciel's study open, "So, are we going to investigate or not?" He asks, his eyes flitting from Amber to Ciel.

"We are." Amber replies.

"That could have went better." Johnathan says, folding his hands behind his back, his black eyes shifting like storm clouds. Damon drops into a bow, his hand resting on his chest and over the place his heart would be...if he had one.

"I apologize Lord Johnathan." Damon says, his thin and pale fingers clenching around the cloth, "But I was  rudely interrupted after I killed the first one."

"And the witnesses?" Damon smirks, pulling his lips back to reveal his teeth.

"Dead." Johnathan nods slowly, pacing toward the demon. The contract mark on his wrist burns, radiating dark light.

"Good."Johnathan wraps his fingers around Damon's shoulder and he can feel the demon's muscles tense. "Now, I have a new order for you Damon..."

Amber grips onto Ronald's sleeve, ducking behind him as the Headmaster glares at them with his deep brown eyes, a clipboard in his hands.

"Name?" He asks, glancing down at the papers on the clipboard.

"Ronald Knox." The Headmaster nods and peers at Amber.

"And you are?"

"Amber Dawson." She replies. The Headmaster nods again, flipping through the papers.

"I see. Well everything is in order." He says, "Classes begin tomorrow. I suggest you both get settled in and meet your roommates." The Headmaster walks away, his arms swaying, simultaneously, back and forth, his stilt-like legs moving mechanically. Ronald sighs, turning to Amber. Staring into her deep grey eyes, he can feel his heart skip a beat.

"Try not to get killed." Amber says, her eyes meeting his, "There is a murderer in the building."

Sorry for the late update. This is just something to get the story started though in my opinion it's kinda boring. I promise that the next chapter will be waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting.

So Amber and Ronald are dealing with a murderer. Okay, I'll tell you this: The murderer is NOT Grell.

The beginning is slow but it will heat up as usual. I have BIG surprises for all of you.

Looking forward to write them down :)

TheAngelOfMusic27