Prologue

The shadows seem to swirl around his feet as Damon slowly stalks down the empty corridor. All the students have gone to sleep hours ago so there is no fear of him being caught and the building is dead silent except for the intermittent creaks and moans.  Glancing around, he can see somber portraits staring at him from behind layers of dust, seemingly penetrating his very being. He shudders inwardly, feeling the contract mark on his wrist flare; the mark is identical to Johnathan's.  He feels eyes on him and throwing a quick glance over his shoulder, he confirms that he is alone. His body is tense and doubting thoughts race through his mind. He quicky chases them away.

If this is what Lord Johnathan wishes for him to do, than he will do it.

He stops at a closed door and peeling off one of his leather gloves he pushes gingerly at the rough wooden door, wincing as the hinges creak. A musty, dank stench creeps into his nose and Damon wrinkles his nose in disgust. Peering into the room, Damon sees the sleeping figures of young boys, the scent of their souls wafting up his nose. Damon's mouth begins to water as he visualizes himself devouring their souls, draining them to the last drop.

But that is not what Lord Johnathan wants.

He advances on the sleeping figures, the knife in his hand gleaming silver. Standing at the edge of a bed, he stares down at the boy, his face transforming into a wolfish grin. He is a demon and demons do not feel pathos.

Of course, that is why Lord Johnathan asked him to do this instead of doing it himself.

The blade slices through his neck, the blood spurted, and the boy is finished. Damon watches as the wound begins spewing viscous crimson fluid which already covered the entire length of the boy's shirt and begins to soak into the blankets. Voices drift through the air, worried and frantic.

"I know he's in there, I saw him go in,  I'll show you.  I saw someone--" Then a scream rents the air as the door is flung open. The other boys groan, slowly waking up. "Oh God, the blood!" Twirling toward the door, Damon flings the knife, watching as it pierces the lady in the abdomen. She gasps and collapses onto the floor, her dress turning red. The man that was behind her quickly spins on his heels and bolts. A second scream rips through the night as the boys process the scene, and Damon sighs, lifting his fingers to his temple.

"You are all making such noise." He says, "Do I have to silence you all?" He walks over to the lady with an almost sinister smoothness, "And that was my good knife." He stares down at her pale face, watching as her pulse jumps faintly in her throat. He regards her with mock concern, "Dear me, you look terrible, however, Lord Johnathan said nothing about taking the souls of young maidens such as yourself, and let me tell you that your soul smells wonderful..."

Palms touch, fingers entwine. The bases of their hands are so close that the warmth in between them is shared, completely one. Arms move together. Holding hands is a connection.

It's security and union.

"What do you think we should name him?" Ronald asks, stroking the mouse's head with the thumb of his free hand. Amber squeezes his fingers, feeling a warm smile evolve on her face as the two walk through the Phantomhive garden. The garden is well tended, with the softest grass that isn't scratchy or dry, and a slight wind  brings out the beauty of this garden more. There are multiple rose bushes scattered around the garden, petals blooming from their buds.

"I don't know." She says, watching as the beautiful white roses sway in the wind, "How about...Grey?"

"Grey?" Amber nods, dissolving into giggles,

"Yeah because he's grey." Ronald pulls his lips into a smile.

"Grey it is."

"Hey Lady Amber and friend!" Amber throws a quick glance over her shoulder seeing sparkling golden hair fluttering in the wind, and blue eyes as deep as the sea. She gives a quick smile at the young and energetic gardener running toward them, his straw hat falling off his head. He grabs it, clutching it in his fingers.

"Oh hello Finny. This is Ronald."  Finny nods in acknowledgement and places the hat on his head, his face becoming shadowed.

"Lady Amber, the Young Master wishes to speak with you and Ronald. It is very urgent."  

Well here's the sequel to Green Eyes *squeal* I know it's kinda gory and stuff but that's just this chapter.

Looking forward to write more of this...things will happen!!!!!!!!!

TheAngelOfMusic27 :)