Feelings

I slowly awoke to the sound of distant Police sirens coming throw the open window above my head. As my eyes began to adjust to the small amount of light coming from the moon outside, I slowly began to realise where I was. I turned my head slightly to see Hayley, the girl I met at the bar last night, asleep beside me. She was completely naked and had one of her arms loosely around my also naked body. "Shit." I whispered to myself as I gently moved her arm off me and placed it on to the bed in front of her. I never stay over after a one night stand because it can get way too complicated and awkward in the morning and I'd rather just avoid that all together. However, it looks like I might have accidentally fallen asleep last night and well, here I am. I sat up and rubbed my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up. I started searching for my missing clothes on the floor of Hayley's apartment. I had almost found all my items of clothing when Hayley started to stir in her sleep. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was slightly messy and some loose strands were partly covering one side of her face and the moon's light illuminated her skin making it look like it was glowing. I suddenly realised what I was doing and quickly snapped myself out of it. I told myself that it was only a one night stand and that I shouldn't get attached and that she probably didn't really like me anyway. She was probably just looking for a casual hook up too and didn't really want me staying over. However, the more I watched her sleep, the more I felt guilty for leaving. I don't usually feel bad for leaving after a one night stand but for some reason it felt different this time. I stood there a while longer just admiring her while she slept peacefully until her eyelids fluttered open and she looked up at me and asked "You okay there?" She had taken me by surprise and I just quickly replied "Err, yeah, I'm just err, tidying up." while holding my clothes in the air to show her. "Well, that's a strange thing to be doing at 5am." she replied giggling slightly and rubbing her eyes. I couldn't help but smile when she giggled and when she patted the space next to her on the bed I couldn't resist joining her. I laid down on the bed facing away from her and she moved slightly so she could wrap her arm around my waist. I smiled as she kissed my neck and whispered "Sleep tight." into my ear. The butterflies in my stomach went crazy and it was in that moment when I realised that I had caught feelings for her.