11: Girls Day Out

☆ 11: Girls Day Out  ★ 

"Okay, how about this one?" 

Danielle looks at the blouse I was holding. She pulls her glasses over her head, bringing her massive curls out of her face. She purses her lips and then shakes her head. 

"It's too plain," She answers as she takes the shirt away and puts it back on the table. "You have a great figure, Paige. Don't be afraid to show it off."

I blush at Danielle's compliment. I've never really gone out shopping with anyone other than Aunt Julia, but I have to admit, this is nice. They told me what they like and what they don't like. They didn't hold anything back and that's all I could ask for. Unlike Aunt Julia who liked every single shirt I picked up, including ones that made me look like I was pregnant.

We've been at the shops for nearly two hours and all I have to show for that was my cup of iced tea that I had bought from a vendor. Danielle and Eleanor, on the other hand, have managed to gain a new pair of shoes, sunglasses, and a few new tops. They were much better at this than I was.

"Oh, this one is perfect!" Eleanor says as she holds up a sheer black blouse. It was very similar to what she was wearing last night, except this one was short sleeved rather than long. 

"Now, that, would look great on you," Danielle agrees, nodding her head. "This'll definitely show off your body."

I take the shirt and examine it. "Yeah, along with my chest. It’s see through."

It's not like I'm embarrassed of my body, it's just I've never really been one to dress up. I like my modest way of dressing. Although I haveto admit, Danielle and Eleanor's style was very cute and stylish. But, I just prefer my washed out jeans and a simple blouse rather than a fancy top and skirt.

"Well, you can always wear a cute undershirt." Eleanor suggests, searching through the pile of clothes. "There is always a way to look hot, but not trashy."

"She's right," Danielle agrees. 

"And I'm sure Harry will love the shirt. Undershirt or not," Eleanor says with a sly wink. 

"Uh, yeah." Again, I blush madly. In attempt to hide the heat in my cheeks, I turn around and pretend to be looking at the rack of skirts. 

It was easy for them to make comments like that; they actually have a boyfriend to look good for. I don't. I have to look good for the world, for Harry. It doesn't matter if he liked it or not. When I went over the contract this morning, it said that I had to put all my effort into this relationship, which I guess could extend to looking nice.

"Paige, you have to get the shirt. You haven't bought one thing today," Danielle complains as she walks over to me, the sheer shirt in her hand. "You can't go shopping and not buy anything."

"Not true," I say holding up my Iced Tea.

She gave me a dead look. "Tea doesn't count."

"Yeah it does," I argue. "I bought it, didn't I?"

"You're impossible," Danielle says laughing.

"Come on, the shirt will look great on you," Eleanor says bringing our attention back to the shirt.

"Harry will be jumping your bones the moment he sees you in this," Danielle adds while giving me a nudge. My blush deepens as she mentions that. I run my hands through my bangs as I mentally beg my cheeks to return to their natural color. 

Were these girls trying to turn my whole face red? How many comments do they need to make about Harry in one shopping trip?

"Just try it on at least," Eleanor urges. "What's the harm in that?"